/dist/images/branding/favicon

Futaba 14SG Flashes Return to home

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Eric Deroche, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Eric Deroche

Eric Deroche New Member

Have a Alta 6 with a Futaba 14SG. During flight return to home will flash from time to time making the Alta jerk then continue on its path. Any suggestions?

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Sounds like something is triggering loss of signal. So perhaps some other radio interference. What type of environment were you flying in, how far away was the Alta, does it happen at other locations?

3. Eric Deroche

Eric Deroche New Member

It happens at random times. We fly mostly in remote locations and it happens even with it within 50' of us.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I'd start by checking that the antenna on the Futaba is not damaged, cracked, or loose.
    Then check the placement of the antennae on the receiver(s) -- are you using one or two?

Finally, I'd do a range check on the Futaba with the ALTA on the ground. See page 39 of the manual.
    Be sure to walk away far enough from the ALTA after you've put the Futaba into range check. They try and arm/disarm the motors to test if the transmitter is working at the attenuated power setting (which is really all the range check is).

EDIT: I would walk away about 50 paces (they're the same in metric or imperial units! :) )

But I agree with Gary's assessment in that it sounds like the problem is intermittent....

You might also check the connectors to the receiver(s) -- if they are making intermittent contact that might also account for the problem.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert