/dist/images/branding/favicon

- from shoulder rig - back on to the MoVI as fast as possibe

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by John Christian Rosenlund, Aug 31, 2017.

1. John Christian Rosenlund

My challenge is speed.
    I will use an Arri MINI body for both classic hand held (without MoVI), standard tripod (without MoVI), and as a MoVI rig in my hands with a ring bar and a Armor-man ARM-T02 support
    - all with in one demanding shooting day. The faster I can do this operation, the better.
    I need to remove the camera body /focus control, transmitter etc, from the the MoVI - on a standard tripod or a classic shoulder rig - and back on to the MoVI again - several times with in one day.
    I am looking for a quick release kind of solution that reduce calibration and mounting time for the MoVI down to a minimum of time:
    I have heard from other users that someone have made a good solution,
    do you know more about this ?

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Ignite Digi Australia has a system. 1A Tools makes a Movi Pro tripod adapter, and I think Kessler has something for the baseplate\quick release.

I suggest doing focus with an Arri WCU 4, so you don't have to worry about moving a focus receiver around with you.

Using the Tilta Arri Mini Cage would be useful, since you need to be able to add and remove the Arri EVF for Handheld. You could also piece something together from parts from SmallRig. I keep a bunch of their doo-dads in my kit and use them a lot.

How you power the camera is up to you, but the Tilta allows for you to add a Gold mount battery to the back with a sliding quick release.

Still, expect it to take a few minutes to switch back and forth. You also can use the Movi on a Tripod by controlling with the Mimic or a set of Geared Wheels (like Alpha Wheels).

3. John Christian Rosenlund

Thank you for your fast and good reply

4. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

I have the Kessler Kwik plates for my systems. Switch from Movi pro to miller fluid head to shape shoulder rig in seconds. it has 15 mm rod mounts, and 1/4 mounts, so all of my focus devices and accessories pretty much stay built-out, and the go into the case as one unit. Switching to this system a while ago saved me a ton of time, and Kessler makes a movi pro plate for their standard Kwik plate receiver. I dunno if Arri works, probably?

5. John Christian Rosenlund

Thank you for your response. Is it possible for you to post me a picture of the set-up ?

6. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

Sure. I have rented my FS7 with the plate for the week, so I am waiting for another movi pro plate to come in from Kessler for additional cameras. once that gets in, ill rig it all up for you with a DSLR.

7. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

In case your looking to purchase now, Kessler is doing %10 off for Hurricane Harvey relief till tomorrow.

8. Tom Waugh

Tom Waugh New Member

Hey John,

We have developed a system that will get you down to under a minute for changeovers.

This uses all the parts in the MoVI Pro package: https://store.ignitedigi.com.au/collections/movi-pro-package/products/the-package

Send me an email if you have any questions :)

tom@ignitedigi.com.au

Cheers,
    Tom

9. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

nice!
    did you decide on one? i will post a kessler QR video tommorow, have a shoot and will have it setup

10. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

No useful audio, mute it.

Graham Futerfas likes this.