/dist/images/branding/favicon

Flyers with the 333 exemption

Discussion in 'Flight Regulations' started by Dave King, Nov 5, 2015.

1. James Adkins

James Adkins Member

Thanks. Very interesting. I expect the local office won't be aware of this either.

2. Tip Weiss

Tip Weiss New Member

I had a LOA from my local airport in class C a week before the FAA sent some internal memo disallowing it! I got another letter a week later rescinding the first letter. Since then, the COA process has been a major pain. Meanwhile there are many operators operating without 333s and hobbyists flying all over the place.

3. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

Its f'ing bonkers. I have found that I have more trouble arranging Class D airspace in my state. IN my state all Class D towers are contract operated vs FAA. This is a problem that pisses me off. Because now I have to get a private company to get a "indemnification clause between me, them and the FAA for every COA, because they are not signatories to the FAA ruling for 333's. Basically they do not want to assume any responsibility for the flight ops, which I get. At the same time, we have a situation where one private entity can impede business from another, if they so chose. So far they have been helpful, because I tell them whether they like it or not someone is flying in their airspace for hire.

The safety manager for that company told me a tidbit that the FAA is being more hard nosed in controlled airspace out east where they also run towers, like in Virginia and Florida.

4. MIke Magee

MIke Magee Active Member

Sigh, and New England too.
    -m