/dist/images/branding/favicon

Fake CS frame?

Discussion in 'Cinestar Misc' started by Tim Joy, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Tucker Lamberton

Tucker Lamberton New Member

Yeehaanow, mine are just like yours. Press nuts in the carbon "x" under the motor. I like those dog bones... I think you got the real deal man. Your going to love it :)

Yo Tabb, seriously, you don't recognize that frame? I absolutely love your products and don't want to see anyone ripped off but I call it like I see it. That is a cinestar!! You don't recognize it? Come on man!!!!!

Curious, why did you get rid of the dog bones?

Cheers, Tucker

2. Tucker Lamberton

Tucker Lamberton New Member

3. Draza Mihajlovic

Draza Mihajlovic New Member

It's original... I bought my CS8 year ago from quadrocopter.us and it comes with the same carbon quality (like on picture) and those dog bones, didn't even realize that you ditch those parts until this tread.
    Very funny that Tabb can't recognize his own stuffo_O

4. Tim Joy

Tim Joy Active Member

Well, maybe it was.... but that was only one issue of many with this horrible seller. After an agonizing MONTH of back and forth through paypal, I finally got my money back and bought a new CS8 from QC :) If it was a real frame, then the quality of the CF and machining is MUCH better now.
    Regardless, DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM SKYKOPTER!!!!

5. Draza Mihajlovic

Draza Mihajlovic New Member

It's not fair that we, early buyers of cinestar frames, was something like guinea pigs... We payed full price and got unfinished product...
    Obviously lower quality of CF, landing gear was way to short and weak, there was no gps/navi mount included then, camera mounting plate was worst etc...

6. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Tittwist, the person that Tim bought from has been copying and re-manufacturing parts for the CineStar, You or I can't tell without holding the product in my hand what it is.

I am still flying the ORIGINAL CineStar 6 and Jeff still has #2. They are both working well. Absolutely we work hard to have our products evolve as quickly as possible....and some things have changed since the beginning of production. To say the first frames are unfinished is inaccurate. The GPS/ NAVI mount was a workaround to solve a problem with MK boards being sensitive to compass disturbances. The landing gear with original kits was shorter.....but we had not completed our 2-axis gimbal at that point....we try to make products future proof but when you are inventing solutions as you go it is not always possible. The only change on the camera mounting plate was to change from a 5mm piece of carbon made from two 2.5mm carbon plates laminated together to a 5mm think single piece of Carbon.

Tabb

7. Benjamin Rowland

Personally, I'm glad I bought a Cinestar. It's a strong frame with interchangeable parts, and I'm sure it took a lot of thought to minimize the variations in parts, but that cuts down on the amount of spare parts I need to keep on hand.

Since I bought my frame and gimbal, they've released new parts, but the upgrade path is easy. It's in all of our best interest for FreeFly to continue to improve the product. It means we get an even better frame/gimbal and it means they continue to stay competitive.

Matt Barker likes this.
  8. Bill Collydas

Bill Collydas Active Member

Personally I like the idea of spare parts. Is what we call in heliword "BLING"
    Also if you are handy enough (like me) you can make it yourself.

Bill