/dist/images/branding/favicon

extra large battery for the M5 so i can astro timelapse all night

Discussion in 'Batteries & Power' started by Patrick Rebstock, May 17, 2016.

1. Patrick Rebstock

Patrick Rebstock New Member

hey guys im looking to get a m5 battery to use for astro timelapse that will last a long time
    i have been using the akira firmware to use the movi like a timelapse head and i have killed my m5 battery because the voltage got too low, number 3 cell is super low.
    I want to be able to shoot longer, Most of the night so i can recover the setup in the morning and still have power.
    I know that the lipos will die if run down too low so my idea is get a battery that is big enough to last all night and not get too low.
    I called freefly today and they did not recommend using other batteries but when pressed they said you could use a battery with the exact same specs but larger capacity, AKA 4s 14.8v and 3c discharge continuous and 5c peak discharge
    Im not sure why the discharge rate is so important and why it is so low on the movi batteries, i asked for specifics but he just said the movi is not a rc car.
    but i cant find a lipo with that low of a discharge rate, any suggestions of what battery to use?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Patrick: This is a redundant posting. I've responded to your posting here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/ind...s-batteries-for-rapid-charge.5818/#post-71149

Andy.

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Patrick Rebstock

Patrick Rebstock New Member