/dist/images/branding/favicon

eCalc: xcopterCalc

Discussion in 'CineStar FAQ - Tips and Tricks' started by Howard Dapp, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

Question for the guys who have based their build around eCal's calculations. Have you taken heed to the warnings written in red regarding Max current over limit of motor and motor temp etc..

Example:
    "* max. current over the limit of the motor. Please verify the limits (current, power, rpm) defined by the manufacturer! ** the prediction of the motor case temperature is critical (>80°C/180°F). Please check! ** max. current over the limit of the controller *"

I understand these warnings are based on full throttle input (something none of us will ever need to do during filming) and not normal flying for filming or hovering. Am I correct in thinking that the important figures to watch are the following:

Battery: Flight Time Hover
    Motor @ Hover: Current
    Motor @ Hover: Throttle (linear)
    Motor @ Hover: Efficiency

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Howard, I look at Current/Throttle. Hover time is interesting and I only glance at efficiency. I to have the same logic as you do about the warnings. So ones like this: * max. current over the limit of the battery ** max. power over the limit of the motor. Please check the limits! * get my attention. And I try to avoid the others.

Will be interesting to see what others say.

3. Brad McGiveron

Brad McGiveron Active Member

Howard, I look pretty much at the hover stats and look at 75% of what maximum would throw at me. Altitude and air temps can change things a lot of your up in the mountains in a hot summer day so I adjust those to see what happens.