/dist/images/branding/favicon

Disappointed!!!

Discussion in 'ALTA 8' started by Roger Fosaas, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Thai Christen

Thai Christen Member

Who said you have to build a huge copter to fly Weapon?

My copter weights 3.6kg only, props (15/16) and landing gear included.
    Gremsy H7 gimbal 1.5kg
    Just got my new Epic-W which weights the same as Weapon CF, 1.5Kg (3.35lbs) plus Jetpack and media, 1.9kg
    2x 4500 6S Lipos for copter, 1x 6800 4s gimbal and camera, Connex, Rtmotion Latitude, cables and you can count.
    Depending on the lens used, total take off weight is 10-10.5kg.

So NO, I don't have altitude drop. Sorry.
    And because my setup is so light I can easily fly up to 85km/h (22-23m/s) too.

#81 Thai Christen, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  2. Leo Bund

Leo Bund New Member

AS I KEEP SAYING.... ITS MASS OVER MOTORS!!!!! C'MON PEOPLE!........ 8 MOTOR'S ARE BETTER THAN SIX.... AND 12 MOTORS ARE BETTER THAN 8...... BATTERIES ADD ALOT OF WEIGHT MOTORS DO NOT.......................................................ITS SO SIMPLE!!!!
    YOU LIFT HEAVY.... YOU NEED THRUST........

3. Leo Bund

Leo Bund New Member

GO BIG .... OR ..... GO HOME.....!!!!!!!

4. Zac

Zac New Member

This is by far the worst Gimbal I have ever used. It fell apart almost immediately and the customer support is a joke. Unless your using a fist size camera that weighs nothing you won't get any value from it. Even then, with the smaller camera I doubt you'll ever be able to achieve the kind of creative shots you are hoping to achieve.

Gremsy just blames their customers and continues selling plastic junk. Do not buy.

I had to start taping my battery to the Machine after only one week of use and very limited use . I bought it for my FS 700 and it shakes like crazy. The joystick that comes with the device stop working after two weeks . My batteries and charger stopped working after about a month of limited use . They then took almost a month to send me a replacement . do yourself a favour go by a ronin.

5. Zac

Zac New Member

This is by far the worst Gimbal I have ever used. It fell apart almost immediately and the customer support is a joke. Unless your using a fist size camera that weighs nothing you won't get any value from it. Even then, with the smaller camera I doubt you'll ever be able to achieve the kind of creative shots you are hoping to achieve.

Gremsy just blames their customers and continues selling plastic junk. Do not buy.

I had to start taping my battery to the Machine after only one week of use and very limited use . I bought it for my FS 700 and it shakes like crazy. The joystick that comes with the device stop working after two weeks . My batteries and charger stopped working after about a month of limited use . They then took almost a month to send me a replacement . do yourself a favour go by a ronin.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Zac, welcome to the forum.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/
    Thanks
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

7. Elizabeth Hylton

Elizabeth Hylton New Member

Jeff, thank you for the info! Been wondering about this.

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Elizabeth, welcome to the forum.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/
    Thanks
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

9. Elizabeth Hylton

Elizabeth Hylton New Member

Hi Andy, did so. Thanks!