/dist/images/branding/favicon

Controller kills the video output from connex, what to do?

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by Kamil Przybylak, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Kamil Przybylak

Kamil Przybylak New Member

Anyone having troubles with MoVi controller and connex? Whenever I use them simultaneously they interfere with each other. When I move the stick on the controller it interupts the video from connex. Can anyone help me on this one?

Kamil

2. Chris Benny

Chris Benny New Member

Hmm strange. I have been using the Movi Controller and Connex for the last couple of years with no problems. Have you tried different channels?

3. Mike Gentilini Jr.

Kamil, the Connex and MoVI Controller run on two different radio frequencies. The MoVI Controller is 2.4Ghz and the Connex is 5.8Ghz, so it's old that they would be conflicting. We've never had this issue with ours.

I would make sure that you have the MoVI Controller on Channel 0 (auto) and the Connex via the software can be set to auto select as well. Try setting the Connex standard (not Mini) to 40 MHz as well, instead of 20Mhz. This will give you a higher quality image as well.

See if this fixes the issue.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

It might be that the antenna on the MoVI Controller is too close to the Connex receiver's antennae -- and if you get a Tx antenna close enough to an Rx antenna it doesn't matter that they're on different frequencies -- the Tx will blast out a signal so strong that your dental fillings will oscillate....

Can you increase the distance between the Connex receiver just to see if that makes a difference?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert