/dist/images/branding/favicon

Changing remote settings

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Marcelo Borelli, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Marcelo Borelli

Marcelo Borelli New Member

I would like to know how can I change the orientation of my joystick on my remote controller.

Right now when I tilt the joystick up the camera tilts down. When I pan the joystick left, the camera pans right.

I looked on the Remote´s manual but found nothing.

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Look under reversing the elevator control in the manual. I'll get you a page number in an hr or so.

3. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Look at page 17. It's on the left side mixed in under servo setup. You'll need to reverse the elevator channel.

4. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

I don't have the manual in front of me so I can't look this up ATM, but is there a way to map this to one of the switches so we could just flip it when needed? The transmitter is likely to change hands frequently and this may be one of those operator preferences that would be handy to change.

5. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Use the app. Much easier and if someone messes up the transmitter it could be a long painful phone call to get it sorted out.

7. bevan goldswain

Could someone please post a decent explanation as to how to do this using just the remote. I have managed to reverse the tilt direction just fine using the app, but in the rare circumstance where maybe you need to do this without the app (what if my tablet battery dies), then I'd like to know how to do this using the remote.

The instructions in the manual for doing this are really confusing.

8. Austin Glass

I finally forced myself to sit down and take the time to dig into this, and it's not as bad as it seems. Here's a video of how to do it.

And before you ask, yes, I mounted a GoPro to my remote… o_O

9. Austin Glass

Also, if anyone knows if it's possible to map this to one of these unused switches, your help would be appreciated. I picture it working something like the remote/majestic/off switch is now. Being able to switch tilt orientation with a single move would help me accommodate any operators' preferences easily.

Maybe some of you RC types can chime in? :)

10. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Austin your video is spot on. For those that want to do it on the tx just make sure that your pick the correct channel to change. Very easy to slip with the roller bar and get a bit lost. I don't believe that it would be switchable with a switch. Not just on the Spektrum but other TX's would also not have that setting as a choice, at least in my experience with Graupner and Futaba.

11. Austin Glass

In my experimentation this morning I have been able to get this kind of working… It's easier to show than to type, since my understanding of these remotes in only a few hours old. By creating some mix modes I can get it mapped to a switch, but it will only go at 25% normal speed. Maybe someone could consult with me to figure out the rest of this challenge? Maybe I have reached the end of this journey, but maybe I'm onto something…

12. Austin Glass

On second thought… I just figured it out!

13. Austin Glass