/dist/images/branding/favicon

Button should align active MIMIC & M5 - Doesn't.

Discussion in 'MIMIC' started by Cole Freudenthal, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Cole Freudenthal

Cole Freudenthal New Member

Hey there!

I'm working within a new video department and have the pleasure of familiarizing myself with our equipment. We have the MōVI M5, which is bound with the MIMIC beta.

The two easily connect together and movement is mimicked superbly well, except that the MIMIC Bar is never parallel with the MōVI Bar. I can luck out and sometime they will match, but so far I have not been able to influence proper alignment between the two devices.

Scouring the forums for an answer, I found someone that said:
    In order to realign, first hold down "the button", then realign the devices' handles as desired, and finally release the button to assign that particular alignment.

For aligning the bars: Use this button?
    20161019_144043.jpg
    If so, I have not had any results from pushing it, holding it down, or any other combo.
    Tried recalibrating compass, restarting, recharging batteries, etc. The mystery continued.

UNTIL...!

I noticed this potential problem on the back of the MIMIC:

20161019_144407.jpg
    (picture is of behind the button where it looks like two wires should be in place, one is detached)

My guess is that the loose wire is preventing the button from performing its function. Is this something I should call Freefly about, or do I need to review some soldering techniques?

Thank you for any help/advice/experiences!

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Yep, that's your problem. Broken connection. Normally that button stops the Movi from panning so you can reset and align the Mimic like you want. Also, it can be tapped twice to kill the motors.