/dist/images/branding/favicon

Battery Setup in these Pics?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Oscar Ubilluz, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Oscar Ubilluz

Oscar Ubilluz New Member

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me what batteries are being used to power the FF and DP4 setups in the pics? It looks like some type of lipo just not sure which one. Would appreciate the help. Thanks

Photo 1 - Battery powering the small HD?

Photo 2 - Battery powering Teradek on the left? Battery powering SmallHD on the right?

Photo 3 - Little hard to see. But looks like a lipo is powering the both the the Paralinx and the DP4?

Thanks again for any help.

Attached Files:

2. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

Oscar,
    1 is a 3s Lipo,
    2 on the right is a 4s Lipo on the left doesn't really look like one Small HD has a separate battery adapter plate (at least for canon batteries)
    3 looks like a BEC that is usually used to reduce the voltage of a Lipo

Which Lipos exactly those are is almost impossible to say, since there are thousands out there. However, only thing important is the Voltage (4s = 14,8V, 3s = 11,1V,...) and the capacity (mAh), well and of course the form factor you want it to have.

3. Oscar Ubilluz

Oscar Ubilluz New Member

Thanks a ton Wolgang! I'm new to Lipo batteries and I'm trying to find the best way to power my M10 accessories. I'm trying to copy the systems I see on the freefly Facebook page.

2. I see the Canon batts but I also see another lipo underneath the monitor. almost looks like a freefly battery

Lastly, a couple of follow up questions just so I have it right, which may sound stupid.

- 3s, 4s, etc - I'll need specific voltages to power each accessory? I just need to find out which one.

- The capacity (mAh) is what makes it last longer?

- Do I need a BEC with every lipo?

4. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

You are welcome, Oscar.
    Now I see the battery, but I can't really tell. You know what battery it is from looking at the balancer cable. If it has 3 white wires, it is a 4s, if it has 2 white wires, then it is 3s,...

Yes, every device needs specific voltage, some have a wide range, others not. The "s" in 4s means serial and tells you how many cells in series the Lipo has (every cell has 3,7V, multiply it with the s and you get the Lipos voltage).
    When the Voltage of a Lipo is too high, you need a BEC to reduce the Voltage to your needs (some are programmable, but you need to buy a specific accessory for that)

And yes, the capacity makes itlast longer and together with the numbet of cells bigger and heavier.