/dist/images/branding/favicon

Batteries not charging

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Neil Willis, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Neil Willis

Neil Willis New Member

Anyone had any issues with the batteries not charging?

I've got two which will not charge/ hold charge. Its not the charger as my other set work fine.

These are like new and only been charged about 6 times but not sure if they are covered by warranty?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Regarding the warranty, Neil, you might want to open up a ticket by sending an email to Freefly Support (support@freeflysystems.com).

Just out of curiosity, have you stored the batteries fully charged for a long period of time -- I'm not saying that is the issue, but I'd like to know more about their history just in case anyone else has a similar problem.

Thanks
    Andy

3. Neil Willis

Neil Willis New Member

Hi Andy,

I've spoken to the place i got them from and their looking into the whole warranty thing - they were not 100% what FreeFly's policy is. (DJI is only 6 months on batteries) If its the same same then I will be pi%%ed.

The batts were not full and at a guess around 80% full and were sat for about 3 weeks.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

It seems odd that two batteries would fail...mind you I had four DJI TB48 batteries that "failed" when the "smart" battery controller firmware had a bug that caused them to self-discharge to zero volts.... :(

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Neil Willis

Neil Willis New Member

I also had a TB48 fail on me with less than 20 cycles - it was 7 months old and DJI told me to jog on :-(