/dist/images/branding/favicon

And so it begins....

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Phil Macdonald, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Phil Macdonald

Now unless something has changed deliveries of the first MoVI's are going to be taking place as of tomorrow. I am really interesting in getting as much information as possible from those who have the M10 in hand so those who don't can prepare. Is it as easy to setup as Freefly say it is, what cameras are you trying and of course as much footage as possible....I am sure Vimeo will see its fair share of MoVI loving!!!!

Looking forward to that email asking for loads of cash to get ours sent over across the Atlantic :)

Phil

2. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

Have you heard anyone actually report that they've received the initial "send us yo money" email? From the forum posts I've seen around the web, even those that ordered fairly early haven't heard anything yet.

No complaints from me yet. I'm still nagging a few of my clients to send me the checks they owe so I can pay for the dang thing. Side note, why do I have to hound people just to pay their bills? What the heck is wrong with people?!

3. Paul conto

Paul conto Member

Austin - I hope your assigning Late fees, I have a 10% of the job fee added to final fee per DAY they are late. That gets peoples attention to pay onetime.

4. Matt Kearney

Matt Kearney Member

Hey Phil,
    I have order number 28, i figured i'd have mine around the 15th.

Still no email asking for funds yet!!!

5. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

Sadly, so far I've been foolishly running my business (mostly) with gentleman's agreements. Since many of my clients are people I have relationships with outside of business, I've made it a (admittedly bad) habit. I have already drafted standard agreements that I will use moving forward that will protect me in the future, but I haven't yet decided how I want to go about assessing late fees. For sure an important aspect, though!

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Austin do a google search on ASMP. They likely have sample contracts that you could modify.

7. Phil Macdonald

Yeah Matt that is worrying, I guess we will have no indication or not whether deliveries are actually starting today? We are 252 and have tentatively said being fully operational from October expecting a mid sept delivery.

Any chance someone can weigh in here, confirming production hasn't been delayed etc. I know a number of people have asked whether its possible to give an individual delivery estimate based on their number in the queue but I'm more keen on confirming that things are on track as I would maybe say that Matts comment suggests perhaps they are not and if that's the case then need to know that so I can inform clients and ya know....find a corner to cry in!!

Phil

8. Carey Lee Coffey

Freefly has me on a 3-day notice and I haven't heard a peep yet.

9. Phil Macdonald

This is all a little concerning....:( I really hope we don't end up having a similar issue to a load of the guys who pre-ordered Blackmagic Cameras!! Would be great if a freefly rep could jump in here and give an update on the status of production....

10. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Take a deep breath guys.....first small batch of MōVI's are shipping today.

Brett Harrison and Steve Maller like this.
  11. Bill Collydas

Bill Collydas Active Member

When you say small how small is small?

12. Carey Lee Coffey

"Deep Breath".

Phil Macdonald likes this.
  13. Theodore Noles

Theodore Noles New Member

People have already built this and are using it successfully as shown here. And for a fraction of the cost out of China.

14. Phil Macdonald

Then get a Chinese knock off rather than a MoVI then. There is literally noone forcing you to buy from Freefly....I would iterate however yet again that the key differential is nothing to do with the price, it's payload. As a company we have a Canon C300 and we regularly use the Epic, nothing else out there that does this carries that sort of payload!! People keep linking 'alternative' videos which for what we need isn't even remotely an alternative, simple as :) People are focusing waaaay too much on the price, work a job that isn't shot on a DSLR and one in which you may be spending £1000 a day for a Stedicam OP and you won't be thinking its expensive!! Payload is king....sure there will be cheaper alternatives in the future that can carry an epic like the M10 but is that worth it? Well it's impossible to say until you have tried out both and seen whether the quality is the same on both, again if you are on a shoot working with a £40k camera with £10k having an inferior product to save a few hundred quid....not gonna happen!!

Can feel my ranting again which is not my aim, I think overall it's great there are options, it only serves to expand the industry and open up the opportunities :)

Phil

15. Joseph Mullins

Joseph Mullins New Member

Just a thought. I preordered only a few weeks ago so I am fully aware that I am down the list but, I am sure there are a ton of us guys who have made the down payment ourselves or talked a supervisor or owner into investing $15,000 in some new technology from a company that many of us have never heard of until recently.

I think it would be nice to get a better feel of the progress of releases and supply than just a monthly press release or vague reference like "just hold your breath". Just saying.

I am certainly not in panic mode and I am sure you guys are busy but you've got alot of people "holding their breath" and to some, we have our reputations and good graces with our bosses on the line. The last press release was a month ago and I'm not seeing a status or even a congratulatory "first units out of the factory" type of statement.

Can someone take the time to keep us posted. My boss who holds the credit card is turning blue and I'm sure if I had something to tell him, he would at least take a breath. Just saying. Keep up the hard work!

16. Theodore Noles

Theodore Noles New Member

Bill Collydas likes this.
  17. Bill Collydas

Bill Collydas Active Member

You are wrong
    They are available now.
    and I wont say cheaper cause you don't like that word, but better and stronger. This is my rig which a customer just bought.
    And my hand held is the same. The camera belongs to the client he brought it over to setup the rig.
    Cheers

Attached Files:

18. Joseph Mullins

Joseph Mullins New Member

Woops. Spoke too soon. Got an update from freefly just now.

Also, whats up with all the haters? If you dont want to buy it, dont buy it. Im sure as creatives we all have had those people that ask "why are you so expensive?" and "why dont we just use the production company across town?" And to that i say "well, why dont ya?" And then they usually just STFU.

19. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Guys, you are drifting way off course. This thread was about MōVI's shipping.

I thought I would share a few photos of the production unit since we have kept it completely under wraps until today. We are very excited to get these out into the wild and for users to experience firsthand what makes the MōVI so special. _MG_8766.jpg
    _MG_8769.jpg _MG_8770.jpg _MG_8777.jpg _MG_8790.jpg _MG_8802.jpg _MG_8809.jpg _MG_8811.jpg _MG_8812.jpg

Joseph Mullins likes this.
  20. Brad McGiveron

Brad McGiveron Active Member

Nice work Tabb. Looks sweet!