/dist/images/branding/favicon

ALTA Motion Booting Bug

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Dave Thomas, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Dave Thomas

Dave Thomas New Member

Hey Guys,

We have just discovered a bug in the ALTA flight control firmware which affects the stored gyroscope data on the Synapse flight controller and could affect performance if Motion Booting is turned on. During the Motion Booting startup sequence, the ALTA could pull old or incorrect gyroscope data or may revert to estimated values rather than the stored values. This could affect the flight behavior of the machine.

This bug only affects Motion Booting. The normal boot sequence is not affected.

We are working on a fix and will notify you via the ALTA App as soon as it is ready. For now, please do not use Motion Booting until further notice.

We have issued a service bulletin via email and posted an article on our Knowledge Base to notify all users:
    https://freeflysystems.zendesk.com/...ing-in-Firmware-4-0-4-and-previous-2017-1-25-

Thanks,
    Dave, Freefly ALTA Team

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Goncalo Duarte

Goncalo Duarte New Member

Hello Dave and Gary,

I am a new user of free fly, in the company where I work, we have one Alta 8 and we also have the movi pro.
    I already have enough knowledge in the area of the drones, however until the date I have used a lot of dji material, only now I am starting use freefly equipment. I'm already sure of my understanding of high 8 and its functions, but is there a function that I'm not sure about what it does?
    Is the - Motion booting. - What is this funtion for ? And to use this funtion, i can only turn it on, on the alta app correct?

Thanks
    Goncalo duarte
    Partilhar esta tradução

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Goncalo welcome to the forums. Would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/.

Motion booting is used when you can't keep the MoVI stable during startup. Good example is if you were on a ship in the ocean where it is moving while you are starting the MoVI.

5. Goncalo Duarte

Goncalo Duarte New Member

Thanks Gary , goncalo is my first name ;) i will update with the last name as well.
    One more thing: so this funtion does not aply to the alta 8 just for the movi. Correct?
    Because i saw in alta app The same option " motion booting" to turn it on or off .
    Or the drone will be afected as well, when started on a boat?
    Thanks again.

Cheers.