/dist/images/branding/favicon

Alta and transmission towers

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Ricardo Perret, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Ricardo Perret

Hy together, in the coming days we will photograph a couple of transmitting towers (Cell Phone and TV signals). These towers send strong signals via parabolic mirrors. Has anyone experienced how the Alta/Synapse and Radio reacts to it?

Attached Files:

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm rather hoping that none of the forum members has experience, Ricardo -- not because I want to thwart your enquiry I hasten to add, but primarily because flying any aircraft into the signal beams of any high intensity radio transmitting antenna (HIRTA is it sometimes abbreviated) is almost always a Really Bad Idea.

These towers can put out quite a lot of radio frequency energy and either disrupt the flight control signals (by swamping out the signal from the ground controller), or even causing issues with the electronics on board the aircraft.

Certainly, I would not want to put an aircraft at risk by deliberately flying into the beam or anywhere close to an omnidirectional source like this. There are a few resources that might be of interest to you if you do a Google search for: hirta interference.

Hope this helps
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert