/dist/images/branding/favicon

Akira 5.0.2 + DX7s Binding Issue - No blinking light on satellite

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by Shawn Corrigan, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Shawn Corrigan

Shawn Corrigan New Member

Hey everyone, New to the forums but not the Movi I am running a M10+ Wifi Chip with Akira 5.0.2 + DX7s and I am having binding issue with the satellite Its a DSMX (Model No 9645).

I have tried to use both the phone Based App and the Apple App (both connected thru Wifi and the Bluetooth in my Movi does not seem to work). When I go thru the binding process it acts like its working, however when I power off the Movi and power it back on the satellite only blinks once (when the switch is just flipped) and that's it. It never does the fast blinking to indicate that it is in binding mode.

What I have tried:
    Tried unplugging satellite RX and re-plugging, no result.
    Re-installed Akira, no result
    Pulled the battery and started over, no result.

Please point me in the right direction.

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Have you tried an Android phone to do the bind? Or just iPhone? That might be one cause.

I remember there was a version of Akira that wouldn't allow binding and you had to go back to version 4 of the firmware to bind and then re-update, but I'm pretty sure Akira 5.0.2 solved it... man, it's been so long!

Check out this thread: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/ind...-and-spekturim-dx-radio-bind.7657/#post-68796

3. Shawn Corrigan

Shawn Corrigan New Member

Thanks for the link, I had read that earlier before posting but I had just reread it. It sounded like that issue was fixed with Akira 5.0.2 however I am still experiencing a similar issue. Do you know where I can download Version 4 of the firmware?

I tried the bind on only Apple, but have tried both my Phone and laptop. Unfortunately, I don't have any android devices.

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I found that Android was more reliable that iPhone or laptop, if I recall a year or two ago there were problems with people using those devices, and it would be better if you can borrow someone's Android phone. Not sure if Android updates created more problems. I have an old, un-updated phone that I kept with the M15, but I haven't used it in a while.

I have a copy of 4.02 firmware I can email you... but it's been so long, and my official position is you really should contact Freefly support instead. That said, pm me or send me your email address and I'll send what I have.

My guess is you would do well to find an Android phone.