/dist/images/branding/favicon

airplane model set instead of quadcopter ?

Discussion in 'ALTA 8' started by Michael Izquierdo, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Michael Izquierdo

Michael Izquierdo New Member

Just realized the remote is set to airplane instead of quadcopter? any potential issues I should be concerned with here ?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

On both my F14SG's the ALTA's are shown with the quadcopter as the model type. I'm not quite sure what difference that would make...

Is this the way the Futaba came from FF?

If you need the FF "default" model file for the ALTA, see this thread: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/futaba-14sg-for-alta.6396/page-2#post-72043 (Message #39 -- most of what the poster says in message #39 says is true and I believe he was sober at the time :rolleyes:)

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Humberto Barchini likes this.
  3. Michael Izquierdo

Yes this is how it came from freefly. ill take a look at that thread thanks!

4. Michael Izquierdo

I submitted a message to freefly. Here was their official response.
    Thought I would share.
    What r/c transmitter are you using? Was it received directly from Freefly? The airplane mode is not a critical factor. Depicting Multi-Rotor aircraft on the radios was not something that was available until recently. The important thing is just that the channels are being mixed correctly. If the controls are setup properly and everything is working there should not be any cause for concern. If your radio has up to date firmware you can load a profile available here that should change it to Multi-rotor: https://freeflysystems.zendesk.com/...a-14SG-Configuration-File-available-for-ALTA-

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

If you download the file that will get you a Multi_rotor setup and the icon on the screen will show a copter.

6. Chris Ross Leong

Mostly our multi-rotor FCs work either in plane or quad type - i.e. AETRU as the first 5 channels and then cam gimbal as the next 3, typically.

As long as your RX channels are feeding into your RC's correctly (i.e. channels as I've mentioned, or S-BUS) then your multi-rotor should have no flight issues.

(By AETRU here, I mean Aileron on Ch1, Elevator Ch2, Throttle Ch3, Rudder Ch4, Control mode (Safe, GPS, ATTI etc) on Ch5)