/dist/images/branding/favicon

5.8 flight fpv cam doesn't play well with Connex HD transmitter

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Jason Herring, May 29, 2016.

1. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

I'm using a fpv camera using 5.8 ghz for the pilot and connex HD transmitter for the hero camera. My fpv picture has to much interference to use. Any ideas on how to get a better SD singnal from my fpv cam?
    Thanks so much ,

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Consider going to 900mhz on the camera. Typically you will also get better range. Or try changing the channel on the FPV system is that is possible. Lastly reposition antennas.

3. Tim Joy

Tim Joy Active Member

Try changing the channel, as Gary suggested, but also power on the FPV transmitter first, and then the connex, because the connex will switch channels depending on what it picks up already being used. It should do this even when powered on first, but I think the chances are better if you power it on 2nd.
    Lastly, not all fps tx/rx's are created equal. Some are poorly tuned. A diversity receiver might help you, but even in my system I've seen degradation of the 5.8 system when the connex is on.
    Or, you could get the new connex fps system and have an HD fpv as well. :)

Kurt Naeslund likes this.
  4. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

I will give that a try, thanks so much. Will the new connex fpv work along side the older connex HD ?

5. Tim Joy

Tim Joy Active Member

Yes I'm sure it will, since it will use the same frequency hopping tech, and they say that many of the fpv tx's will work at the same time.