/dist/images/branding/favicon

What is the deal on Mimc Battery life?

Discussion in 'MIMIC' started by Rick Gerard, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

My Mimic is always going dead. Charged it all night, checked the battery level right after unplugging and it showed 99%. It is now two hours later and it is showing 93%. By tomorrow morning it will probably be dead. It always is unless I charge it the night before use. And yes, I am making sure that it is turned off.

Thankfully a lipstick battery and a usb > usbc cable will keep it running for a couple of days. I have not run a test with the lipstick battery attached to see if it still discharges when turned off but it probably will because the charge light stays on all the time so something is drawing power.

Anyone else having problems with the Mimic holding a charge.

BTW, when I charge it and use it I usually get a full day, but never a second day.

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Yeah, the battery on mine is less than ideal. It drains itself, even when it's off, after a few days. I put velcro on the side to attach a lipstick USB battery, and that helps a lot. Bought a nice, short USB to USB-C cable to keep it looking clean.

Desmond Ochieng' and matt ragan like this.
  3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

+1 for what Graham wrote.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert