/dist/images/branding/favicon

M5 and GH5 HDMI Cable?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Steve Maller, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I've barely got my GH5 balanced properly on my MōVI M5, because the Sanho ultra thin HDMI cable I have needs to have a 90° adapter (or something) in order to get it to properly clear the camera cage. I ordered a cheap 90° adapter and I'm awaiting its arrival. But I also noticed Zacuto has a cool-looking gizmo that's listed as "preorder". Any thoughts?

https://store.zacuto.com/gh5-hdmi-clamp/

Thanks!
    Steve

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey Steve: Haven't seen you on the forum for a while!

Looks like a nice idea...not exactly "cheap," though. $45...

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I ordered that Zacuto clamp for my gh5, but even on the Movi Pro, the HDMI sticks out. I use a Cinemilled base plate and two 1" counterweights to help push the balance away from the HDMI cable connector. Of course, the weights get in the way of the swivel LCD on the camera.

I ordered the Zacuto clamp because the Panasonic one that came with it fell apart and I lost part of it on the first shoot I did.

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Andy-- cheap is relative. I've owned the GH5 for two months and it's brought in enough money to pay for more than half of it, including Metabones and spare batteries. Great investment!!

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Ah, but you know that I know Mr. Maller -- and cheap is definitely a relative of his!

(This, of course, is entirely fabricated by me -- I'm purely playing it for larfs! :) )

@steve or Graham: Yeah, I've been seeing good things about the GH5. What's your favorites lens(es) for aerial use?

Andy.

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  6. Steve Maller

Yes, been locked away in a Turkish prison because of a misunderstanding with a border guard. Sigh.

7. Steve Maller

My absolute favorite lens on the GH5 (and the GH4) is the Olympus 12/2.0. Fantastic piece of glass, very small and light, and delivers superb IQ.

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Oh no, not again! Really? How many times has this been now?

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™