/dist/images/branding/favicon

Aligning Direction with MIMIC & MOVI PRO

Discussion in 'MIMIC' started by Jaime Schirmer, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Jaime Schirmer

Jaime Schirmer New Member

My company just purchased the MOVI PRO with the MIMIC. While shooting with the MIMIC, what is the best way to keep the camera facing forward while the MOVI is turning? I've tried using the pan adjust button, which works to a certain extent, but it seems overly complicated to have to keep an eye on the MOVI operator for whenever they turn, while also trying to frame the image.
    Does the MIMIC operator have to turn their body in the same direction as the MOVI operator at all times? There seem to be many videos out there of the MIMIC being really simple to operate, but whenever I try standing in one place to operate it, the camera gets turned around as soon as the MOVI operator turns in a new direction. Any help would be much appreciated!

2. Mike Moghaddam

I am new to Movi and just got my Pro last week and have the same issue. I haven't been able to find a way to keep it facing forward but if you connect the PS4 controller to the Mimic and select Movi Op via Majestic the controller will take control of only the tilt and the Movi op will control the pan via majestic mode. I found this to be a good setting for dual op.

Hopefully Freefly will come out with a way to keep the Movi facing forward which would be more like remote op the camera if it was on a crane.

Bayena Sosa likes this.
  3. Bayena Sosa

Bayena Sosa New Member

I'm having the same doubt! There's not enough info about the mimic in the manual or anywhere

4. Wiktor Palanowski

Wiktor Palanowski New Member

Hi everyone, I've just updated my MP and my Mimic but my MP still moving away but when I turn of the Mimic the MP goes back to center. Any idea what should I do? Or any parameter should I use? Thank's

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Have you used the Mimic "Pan Adj." on screen 1 of the Mimic, Wiktor? Does that help you do what you want?

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert