/dist/images/branding/favicon

No bluetooth

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Kevin Descheemaeker, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Kevin Descheemaeker

Hi All

We just setup our M10 rig but we are not able to have a bluetooth connection between our Macbook Pro (Freefly Configurator) and M10 rig. We checked all the cable connections and at first sight everything looks ok. Yesterday everything was still ok.

We rebooted the Macbook and M10 several times but yet no control. We had this issue one time before but that came trough the Freefly controller, but that one not around this time.

Any advice on this?

Attached Files:

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Make sure you don't have any other BT devices close by that may also be connecting. Manually delete the BT connection on the Mac and then add it back in.

3. Kevin Descheemaeker

There were no other bluetooth devices in the neighborhood during connecting. Still not now what happend but we rebooted is 21 times and suddenly there was connection.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

5. Urs Ruegg

Urs Ruegg New Member

Hi all,
    I am having the same issue here with my M5 — no bluetooth connection possible. It worked perfectly the night before a shooting and did not show up in the bluetooth menu to connect the day of the shooting. No luck until now to get the bluetooth working. M5 looks like it's OK, but seems the bluetooth is broken… it will not show up on any device (OS X and Windows). What can I do? On Saturday we have the next, very important shooting… :(
    Thanks for any advice.
    PS: I already wrote the Support Team, but as it's very urgent to get this thing back working, I will try on all channels!

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Urs: I'm just guessing here, but is there a chance you are in a place that has a lot of radio frequency interference that could be preventing the Bluetooth connection from being established? Can you try in a different location?

That said, it seems unlikely that both your Windows and OS X machines will be bad, so can you use them to verify that they can "see" other Bluetooth devices? For example, do you have a Mac Magic Mouse? That uses Bluetooth -- so does it work?

Andy.

7. Urs Ruegg

Urs Ruegg New Member

Andy,
    thanks for the reply :)
    We tried indoors in our studio (where it worked like charm all the time) and outdoors, far up in the mountains where no signal whatsoever is around. We all turned off our bluetooth on the phones, but still no luck.
    Yes, if we turn on bluetooth on our iPhones, they are discoverable. Also we can connect to the MIMIC without issue. Only the M5 has vanished…
    Urs.

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Can you call Freefly? +1 (425) 485-5500 -- be sure to reference this thread. (They can search for it via "no bluetooth".)
    It might be a loose cable on the M5. Certainly it's worth checking, but I would call them first.

Andy

9. We had already responded to Urs prior to his last posting here. There are currently a couple of additional questions we have asked and are waiting on a response.

10. Urs Ruegg

Urs Ruegg New Member

Andy,
    I live in a completely different time zone (Switzerland), so it's kind of hard to have contact with the Support — takes a day in between.
    I will probably have to send the M5 in for repair. No idea how/why the bluetooth stopped working. We will now rent an M5 for the filming on Monday/Tuesday and hope to get it back fast.
    It's soon time for an M10 anyway, but we need a working M5 as backup then ;)
    Urs

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Urs: I understand. I used to live in Ferney-Voltaire just across the border from Geneva/Genève/Genf/Ginevra. :)

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Please post again when you find out what the problem was just in case someone has a similar issue.
    Andy.

12. Evan Kay

Evan Kay New Member

Hey Kevin,

I was having the same issue between my M5 & Mac this evening, but found a solution. My solution was to try a different battery. For whatever reason, a new battery enabled my Movi to show up in the bluetooth settings almost immediately. Hope this helps.

13. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Interesting observation, Evan. I suspect (but it's wild speculation) that changing the battery causes a "deeper" reset of some of the electronics. Don't know that for sure, but it's certainly true for things like MacBooks and Mac Pros.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

14. Evan Kay

Evan Kay New Member

Andy, I also noticed that the voltage was higher on the new battery that reestablished bluetooth. It was reading 16.0V and the other battery that wouldn't connect was 13 something V.

15. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Oh....that's a more likely cause, then Evan. 13v is on the low threshold.
    Andy.

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert