/dist/images/branding/favicon

UAV Insurance

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Joe Ernster, Mar 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Joe Ernster

Joe Ernster New Member

One of the leading aviation insurance companies that is offering UAV insurance, Global Aerospace, now has an Online UAS Insurance Portal. It can be accessed through SOME aviation insurance broker's websites. I have provided one such link below. You can simply enter your information, receive an automated email, and get a quote emailed to you directly from Global Aerospace. Global is really positioning themselves to be THE UAV insurance company out there. They can offer all of the bells and whistles. Some of the coverage they can offer are liability, hull coverage, non-owned liability, non-owned hull, payload coverage (cameras and sensors), non-owned payload coverage (cameras and sensors that you rent, lease, or borrow), and premises coverage. Follow the link below and request a quote if you are interested.

Get an Online UAS Insurance Quote From Global Aerospace Now!

Thanks,

Joe Ernster

2. Joe Ernster

Joe Ernster New Member

What is "Non-Owned Payload" coverage?

Non-Owned Payload coverage is exactly as it sounds. If your UAV ever carries a payload (camera, banner, sensor, etc,) that is not owned by you or your company, it would be a good idea to get Non-Owned Payload coverage added to your policy. When requesting this coverage, please let your broker know if the owner of the Non-Owned Payload carries any insurance on the payload to be carried. Knowing this may encourage the underwriter to provide a lower rate for you. Please keep in mind that this coverage is not offered by all insurance companies.

Thanks,

Joe Ernster
    Bullock Agency, Inc.
    joe@bullockagency.com

3. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

+1 for Joe. He is awesome and we use him for our insurance. He is really quick about getting us COI's as well. Most of the time it's within an hour or two tops!

Josh

4. Joe Ernster

Joe Ernster New Member

Thank you sir! I really appreciate the endorsement! You are a fantastic client!

5. Joe Ernster

Joe Ernster New Member

Hello,

My new client just requested a Certificate of Insurance and to be added to my insurance policy as Additional Insured, now what?

This is a common practice in aviation insurance. Simply call or email your broker and ask them to add your new client as Additional Insured. Your broker will need their name, address, and any extra verbiage they may need on their Certificate of Insurance. This usually can be done same day. However, brokers really do appreciate a couple days' notice as they are beholden to the speed of the insurance companies. Also, unless your broker can create their own COIs, this usually cannot be done on weekends. So, as with most things, it is best to plan ahead.

You can also request what is called a "To Whom It May Concern" COI. Think of this as an insurance "card" that you would carry for your automobile. It does not add the client as AI, but it is proof of insurance for anyone who may ask. And it is lighter than carrying your whole policy!

Some brokers will charge you a fee for adding Additional Insureds. If that is the case with your broker, it may be time to find a new one.

Thanks,

Joe Ernster
    Bullock Agency, Inc.
    joe@bullockagency.com

6. Joe Ernster

Joe Ernster New Member

Hello All,

I am working on writing a UAS Insurance guide/white paper to help new commercial UAS operators understand insurance. Much of it will pertain to members of this forum. I have attached it to this post. Since this is a first draft, I am very open to feedback. If you have any questions, or something is unclear, please let me know. Also, please let me know if this seems to be a helpful document.

Thanks,

Joe Ernster

Attached Files:

7. Joe Ernster

Joe Ernster New Member