/dist/images/branding/favicon

12v power

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Jason Toth, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

Hey Freefly... any way to make a software update so your power outputs support more amps? The cameras 6amp and the other 2x are 2amp but these 2amp cant power a small rainspiner or tomahawk?

Thx, J

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Jason: I very much doubt that the power output is software controlled -- I suspect it would require a hardware change and that implies that it's a less-than-easy fix!

I could be wrong, but that never holds me back. :rolleyes:

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

We've also had issues. What we have successfully done is use a D-Tap splitter and powered camera and the higher power-hungry accessory off the same Camera output dtap. We've done this powering an Epic and Preston FIZ system all day without issues.

Josh

Kurt Wallrath likes this.
  4. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

Yeah the camera power is supporting camera, Tomohawks, spinner.

For software update, Who knows but the latest beta Fixed the 12 V above the power switch, it now works with the Tomahawk because it didn't before :)