/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mode Switch for DX6i

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Joe Azzarelli, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien Member

For a DX6i I have my mix 1 as my other switch to get to fixed position stabilized. Is there a way to make another 2 position switch a Flight mode switch to switch from fast to slow movement controls even thought it does not have a flight mode switch? I guess it would be easier to have this switch then going into expos to adjust on the fly. If there is a way to do this with the Dx6i or a guide around can someone let me know or if I have to upgrade controllers for that let me know. Thanks!

2. Patrick Rebstock

Patrick Rebstock New Member

i know this is an old thread but could i use the MIX setting described on the first page to use a DX6I to control my MOVI m5? i was told you need a three position switch to get the movi out of magestic mode @Tabb Firchau

3. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

It should work! Just try and find out. Its not going to hurt the movi by doing it. ;)

4. Patrick Rebstock

ok i just might, i think i need to buy the satellite small receiver that works with the movi, as i only have a larger multirotor receiver
    i assume this is it? https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM9645

5. Jason Smoker

yeah thats the one you need for dx6i

6. Patrick Rebstock

sweet ill pick one up

7. Jason Smoker

please post your findings once you try cheers

8. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

There is way to mix two aux switches.

I bought one when my DX8 failed and did not feel like switching since the DX6i was cheap. Keep in mind I did this with the crap radian but the concept is still the same. You can set one of the gear switches that will change the limits of the end points. Its been a few years though. If I recall what I did, was to use the mode switch on the left if I recall with the gear switch. Both forward was mode 1. Flipping the gear switch put it into mode 2. Then flipping the mode switch back put it into mode 3.

Its been a while. I think the gear was like Aux 1 and the other switch was Aux 2 maybe the other way around. Went into the menus for the channels and selected mix AUX 1 -> 2. Keep in mind its been a loong while since I had this setup.