/dist/images/branding/favicon

MOVI XL THOUGHTS

Discussion in 'MōVI XL' started by Cameron Michael, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Cameron Michael

So Im not sure if any of you caught wind, but it looks like the cogs on the XL are starting to move. I have some serious interest in this guy as I am looking into the need for even stronger motors for the clients that want a LARGE zoom on set.

Id love to start up a convo on all of this and hear all of your thoughts !

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Freefly was live yesterday on there fb page talking about it looks massive and awesome bit of kit!!

3. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

I am still searching for a free afternoon to test pan motor holding on movi pro, but if it does not blow me away, I am definitely in on this!

No question in my mind, it would make Freefly the go-to in aerial gimbals. . .

4. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Yea Im definitely interested. Need for bigger packages and for car to car shots. Looking forward to it.

5. Joe Tamel

Joe Tamel Member

I'm still interested.

6. James Davis

James Davis New Member

Yes I am constantly getting asked when I will have one to offer for tracking vehicle work.

7. I believe this is a thread about the MoVI XL, not the MoVI Pro. The MoVI XL is not considered an Aerial gimbal. The MoVI XL is designed to be mounted on platforms like a chase car, large crane, jib, etc..

James Davis likes this.
  8. James Davis

James Davis New Member

Hello Chris,

While you're here do you know what the power situation will be with the XL, are you guys planning to go with batteries or just provide the ability to plug in external power sources via a power input on the head itself or maybe even both?

Thanks

James

9. More information will be available closer to the time the MoVI XL is officially available. We will have the standard user manual and Freefly Knowledge base articles available, on the Freefly website, very soon.
    Any new product releases or updates to current products & accessories, would be announced via our social media accounts and/or at various conferences around the world, such as NAB, CES, IBC, to name a few.

10. James Davis

James Davis New Member

Brilliant, thanks Chris.

11. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

For sure. with that capacity, i hope i can find a way to get it on a chopper/drone. excited to hear more thanks for reply.

12. Benjamin Granet

From what I've seen so far, it seems that freefly is going back to basic lipo batteries.
    I hope it's just because they are still working on the prototype and by the time they released it they would have design big ass smart batteries like the Pro.

As a Shotover G1 user, I also hope they are gonna avoid some of the mistakes that have been done on it.
    Still curious to see a full Alexa built or Phantom. The cage seems really just to balance the weight.

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT likes this.
  13. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

18:45 ish into the video "mount to significantly large drone. . . "

alrighty! Im excited now!

Philip Lima likes this.
  14. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

coptor operator i spoke to is curious too. .