/dist/images/branding/favicon

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Hugh Bell, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Vincent Delmont

Vincent Delmont New Member

technically, no : trajectories are substantially the same ;-) but we must shooting more and more speed ;-)

2. Benjamin Kenobi

Benjamin Kenobi New Member

Hi all,

Happy New Year!

I'm Ben Kenobi. I've been a full-time commercial UAV operator for a few years in the UK and have seen the industry grow exponentially.

Been reading through the forum for a few months now and thought it's about time for a hello. I've been flying DJI for many years and recently got an ALTA, M5 and MIMIC. It is awesome!

Here's my most recent showreel:

That's for all the detailed info on this forum, it's been invaluable! :)

Steve Maller likes this.
  3. Payne M Wingate

Payne M Wingate New Member

Hello Freefly Community,
    I'm Payne Wingate with SkyLVL Altitude Media in Dallas, Texas. I have been flying Cinestars for about 5 years now. Currently we have 2 Cinestar 6 and one Cinestar Octo that we converted to X8 with a Movi M5. Excited to be a part of this community after watching it grow over the years!

Benjamin Kenobi likes this.
  4. Kevin Black

Kevin Black New Member

I'm Kevin Black, now living in New Mexico but from Philadelphia, PA for the past 60 years. I'd be intereste
    in meeting anyone in the ABQ/Santa Fe area who is experienced with the Movi rigs and the Alta System for projects in my area. Many thanks!

5. Varga Tamas

Varga Tamas New Member

I am 54 years old cameraman Thomas and I live in Hungary Europe. I deal with aerial filming and advertising films. I like the technical stuff.

6. Kevin Riley

Kevin Riley New Member

Hi from New Zealand. I'm a Cinematographer working out of Auckland.

7. Jordan McGrath

Jordan McGrath New Member

Hey hey, Jordan McGrath here! Happy to join the forum and soon to be an owner/operator(Movi in the mail). In the second year of my career working as a Studio Assistant in Downtown Seattle but looking to narrow my focus to Camera Assistant. I grew up in Woodinville Washington and recently found out FreeFly is based out of Woodinville. Good to be neighbors :)

8. Freeway Prod

Freeway Prod New Member

hello all. We are based to Canada - Montréal since 8 months, we actually have a production in paris and Montreal. We use Alta 8 and Alta 6, M15 - Controleur - Mimic. We made some commercials for Volkswagen and Nike. We also make all aerials footage for the Tour de France since 5 years, not to replace helico but to do some shots they can not do :)

9. Florian Klaes

Florian Klaes New Member

Hello community,
    we are: chainshot - a videoproduction company based in aachen, germany, next to the borders of belgium and the netherlands.

We have just split our origib company foveart into two divisions: foveart is a photography focused brand and chainshot is focused on delivering high quality content.

Easy and uncomplicated service with transparency.

www.chainshot.de

Our Movi Pro should arrive next week and we cant wait to grow our possibilies with it. :)

10. Toby Mack

Toby Mack New Member

Hello. My name is Toby Mack. I recently acquired a CS8 paperweight. Hdwe ver 2.1, sw 88m. I would love to be in contact with somebody who could just spend a little time answering some advice questions.

11. Joe Azzarelli

Joe Azzarelli Active Member

Toby - feel free to contact me with questions. It is not a paperweight. It is still a viable machine. - Joe (jrazzarelli@mac.com)

12. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm the proud owner of two CS8 wall art pieces....but they would fly if I told them too. I'm sure. Post your questions in the Cinestar 8 section of the forum and we'll do what we can to help.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Toby Mack likes this.
  13. Alison Rose

Alison Rose New Member

Hello, I'm a Canadian documentary filmmaker based in Toronto. I'm on the Forum for two reasons: Im looking for crew immediately, and I'm interested in a longer conversation. Crew first (is it cool to post this? Please let me know): I am seeking Freefly Drone & MoVI owner/operator/DOPs & cinematographers in or near Chile. I'm assembling a team to film Chilean construction workers building an observatory on a mountain. La experience y vision son lo has importante, español y proximidad a Santiago ademas importante. Las premier fechas son entre March 24/25-March 30/31 incluso dias de viaje. Un sentier de 'joy' et humor es essencial. In terms of starting a conversation, I'm very interested in the documentary storytelling possibilities of the Freefly system, as well as the challenges. How is the Red a documentary camera and also not one, what are the challenges and the benefits. I work to achieve an intimate connection with ordinary people and follow them in their work to tell gripping, character-driven stories. Let's talk. My last doc was called "gloriously thought-provoking" "charming" "a profound tale of friendship" and "a real big-bang theory reunion" and those were gratifying reviews. It was also I should add, funny. I particularly want to make films about astronomers but in general I love people.

14. Alison Rose

Alison Rose New Member

Daniel, Can you send me your CV and some links to your work please? aer@inigofilms.com
    What are you working on now?
    Thanks, Alison

15. Alison Rose

Alison Rose New Member

Mitch, Can you introduce me to some great people using your systems in Chile, or close by, in Argentina, Uruguay, Peru?... ( I want to use your system to tell intimate character-drive documentaries. ) Thank you. Alison Rose, Inigo Films Inc., Toronto

Juan Lima likes this.
  16. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Alison: Welcome to the forum.
    You might want to post your request for crew to the Jobs and Résumés section of the forum -- this Introductions is really just intended for new members to introduce themselves (as, of course, you did). But you might have more forum members who are tracking new postings in Jobs and Résumés and thus get a better response.

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

17. Alison Rose

Alison Rose New Member

Thanks for the guidance, Andy. Would you also suggest a way to start the conversation I mentioned? My question is basic. I appreciate this forum a lot. It's interesting to read about people's enthusiasm, what they're doing with the Freefly system, and it feels like a community.

18. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Alison: Click on a person's name underneath their avatar image and select Start a Conversation. It's a private conversation with just that person.

You're right -- it's a great community, made so by contributions from folks such as yourself.

I have an unproven working theory that because everyone uses their real names it inculcates a feeling of mutual respect rather than the alternative of interacting with someone called CrazyBritInOregon42. But I could be wrong. :rolleyes:

Andy.

The Ground Is The Limit™

19. Alison Rose

Alison Rose New Member

Hi again, Andy: I can't find "the Jobs and Résumés section of the forum". Can you take me there, please. Thanks, Alison

20. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Sure: Click on "Forums" at the top of this page, then when you see the various fora, scroll down (waaay down).
    But here's a link: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?forums/jobs-resumes.29/

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™