/dist/images/branding/favicon

Sony A7x remote *video* triggering

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by Derek Cooper, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Derek Cooper

Derek Cooper Active Member

Hey FFers,

What are people using to remotely trigger their Sony A7 series cameras for video recording? We can manage shutter release using a Gentles via QuadroShutter on our Movis from our Movi Controllers, but can't figure out how to initiate a video record.

Derek

2. Cody Hanthorn

Cody Hanthorn Member

Gentles multi uses a 3 way switch to handle one for shutter, and one for video start stop

3. Derek Cooper

Derek Cooper Active Member

We are familiar with the Gentles cables and have a number in stock - are you suggesting you got them to work for video start / stop? We haven't succeeded and would be curious to hear your approach.

4. Julian Berger

Julian Berger New Member

5. Cody Hanthorn

Cody Hanthorn Member

Ive seen it beung used. It dies work, but after you adjust your appeture for example you have to take a picture to exit the menu system. To order it looks a little confusing. I emailed them on questions and did not get a response back. Let me know how you come out.

Cody

6. Ilja Masik

Ilja Masik New Member

I'm using AIR Commander to control whole camera functions remotely. It can trigger Shutter or Video, chage Crop/Fullframe mode, White Balance, ISO!, Exposure compensation, you can browse and change all functions in MENU of camera. You can browse and play all recorded material. Zoom to photos on memorycard to check if they are sharp. All remotely at fly!

http://lab.airpixel.cz

#6 Ilja Masik, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016