/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mimic Range Unusable For Aerial Work?

Discussion in 'MIMIC' started by Paul Christopher Greene, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Paul Christopher Greene

Hello!

After well over a year invested in trying to make either of our two Mimic's work reliably at anything resembling decent distance / range, we are ready to give up and toss em in the "old toys" bin.

The connection is simply too unreliable and even with a big high powered antenna replacement / hack, we can't get consistent camera control with problems occurring as close as 100 ft and consistently failing at 300+ feet.

In theory at very close range Mimic works OK (though the drift is still problematic for still shots and very precise framing) but at this point, we can't see beating this dead horse any longer and are posting in the hopes that someone out there knows something regarding a fix we're not aware of.

Thank you for any thoughts and please let us know what long range MoVI / camera control solutions *are* working reliably and precisely!

Thank you kindly...

2. John Byron Hanby IV

John Byron Hanby IV New Member

I'm experiencing the same issues... took the movi up in the air with the mimic for the first time yesterday and the gimbal was completely unresponsive as close as 400 feet away. Bummer.

3. Paul Christopher Greene

It's ridiculous...I have two and have retired them both to the old toys bin. That was a year+ and $1000 well invested hahah :/

4. John Byron Hanby IV

John Byron Hanby IV New Member

Have you asked FF support about how to maybe improve range? What mods did you do?

5. Paul Christopher Greene

YES I have John. We were advised to try something new and I'll certainly report back on our findings.

6. Paul Christopher Greene

While we wait for these latest tests I am wondering if anyone's tried using Dragon Link V3 or 9XR or FRSKY Taranis to extend Spektrum DX7 range? Thank you...

This looks promising but unclear how things would work on the MoVI end...

http://www.fpvmanuals.com/?p=67

#6 Paul Christopher Greene, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016