/dist/images/branding/favicon

BMPC 4K Connex

Discussion in 'Video Assist & Video Accessories' started by Stefan Helborg, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Stefan Helborg

Hi

Anyone here uses BMPC 4K with the Amimon Connex wireless system?

2. Tomasz Gladys

Tomasz Gladys New Member

3. Stefan Helborg

Hi

I have long struggled with the fact that I had no longer range than 2-300 meters. I have several times had talked to Amimon, who advised me to place the antennas differently and update the firmware. Nothing helped.

Only two weeks ago I got hold of another employee from Amimon, who asked whether it was in airborne or indoor mode .... I informed him that I had not changed on this since I bought it, but that I of course assumed that it was in airborne mode.

He informed me then that there is a range of 2-300 meters in airborne mode, and I should put it in the indoor mode, for full range. It gave no sense, but I tested it the day after, and flew out at 7-800 meters with razor sharp image. Only when I rotated slightly, the picture started pixelere a bit, which I expected due. to Antenna location.

It gave no sense that it should be in the indoor mode, but now it works :)

4. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

I have seen some of the pro boys overseas uses cloverleaf style antennas on rx and tx , I haven't tried it with my connex. Has anyone tried it?​

5. Pete Maughan

Pete Maughan Member

I think it's so they can get around any local laws on transmitter power. But can you is the question!

Stefan Helborg likes this.
  6. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

It was for the range for sure. In one image they had a patch antenna 5.8 style that was defiantly for long range mixed with clover leafs .