/dist/images/branding/favicon

Larger "keyed" aluminum tube for the Movi M5 (MR)

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Claudio Carvajal, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Claudio Carvajal

Claudio Carvajal New Member

Hi,

Is there anywhere I can find a larger "keyed" aluminum tube that will fit my current Movi M5 (MR version)? The one that came with the Movi M5 is to short for fitting the leg of the MR kit. I want to be sure that the Movi stays put when I'm flying with a little heavier loads. I haven't been able to tighten the screws enough for it to not move slightly in more aggressive moves. It is critical to have the balance stay in mid air, if the load comes unbalanced we could have the risk of the whole copter ending up in the famous "wobble of death" not being able to compensate the shifting in the center of gravity.
    Thanks.

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

The larger tube comes with the new "Aero" landing gear. The new gear is a big improvement on the older legs.

3. Claudio Carvajal

Claudio Carvajal New Member

Ok I see. The thing is I think the old legs work perfectly fine (I even got an extra set of spares) and I don't wont want to spend an additional $350 just to get a bit larger keyed tube. I was hoping to find just the tube.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Claudio: Open up a support ticket with an email to support@freeflysystems.com and see if FF will perhaps sell you the larger keyed tube separately. I can't speak for them (I'm just a volunteer moderator not an employee), but it would no harm to ask. Please post again once you get an answer.

Andy
    ----------
    Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert