/dist/images/branding/favicon

Is there a way to configure the extra channels of DX7?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by sandeep nandy, Nov 30, 2015.

1. sandeep nandy

sandeep nandy Member

Hi,

I am looking for a solution to connect camera remote control s-bus cable for my gh4. I am wondering if there is a way to configure the other channels of the Spektrum DX7 to the remote control kit connected directly to s-bus port of the movi m5?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Sandeep:
    Can you confirm which receiver you're using please?
    Also, which channel(s) do you want to assign?

Andy.

3. sandeep nandy

sandeep nandy Member

Andy, i am planning to buy this -> http://www.professional-multirotors.com/product/camremote-2-pro-shutter-cables/

I am currently using the stock RX which comes with M5 Holiday kit.That doesn't have any extra ppm port or s-bus. I would like to configure DX7 sticks for shutter, knobs and 3 position switch for other features, like shutter or ISO or Aperture.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I think you must therefore be using the so-called "Satellite" receiver from what you say.

Also, could you confirm that the Tx is a DX7s -- I thought FF only shipped the MōVI with the DX7s or the DX8?

Presuming that it is a DX7s for a moment, then the current channel mappings you have are on page 04-P24 of the manual (the left hand column) -- and you will see that channels 1-4, and 6-7 are presently assigned. That leaves just channel 5. On the DX7s this is assigned to the Gear (abbreviated to GER on the DX7s display).

Unfortunately the DX7s does not allow you to re-assign a channel to a different switch -- and the Gear switch is only a two position switch.

I think therefore, you may need to contemplate changing to a different model of transmitter and receiver.
    The thread may be relevant: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/which-spektrum-is-best-for-m5.7158/#post-65106
    (It actually pertains to Graupner transmitters and receivers, notwithstanding the thread title.)

There is also this thread: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/movi-with-jeti-duplex-ppm.5746/#post-63915

There may be other threads too -- I just searched the forum for: MoVI receiver.

Hope this helps
    Andy.

5. sandeep nandy

sandeep nandy Member

yes, DX7s. which have 6 switches free and are not configured. i think a futaba RX on the through the s-bus port is the only option.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member