/dist/images/branding/favicon

Redundancy problem with slave flight controller

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Cosmin Brezoescu, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Cosmin Brezoescu

Cosmin Brezoescu New Member

Hello guys,

I have some trouble with a setup, and I need some help from you please.
    Here is what I'm faceing. I build an octo with a following specification,

- Double quadro V3 redundancy board
    - Both flight controllers 2,5
    - T motors U5
    - T motors propeller 16x5,4

I installed both flight controllers in place, I uploaded the master and slave firmware 2.12.
    The problem is that when I plug the cable from the both FC, the cable that goes for receiver, into the Y conections cable that cames in the set with double quadro bord, the slave receiver light green and RED leds and Koptertool says that there is no receiver conections for slave FC.

If I plug directly into the receiver, there are no problem and the red led is off and I have the receiver conections.
    This problem appear only if I hook up together both cables into that Y conections.
    I tried also with another FC and the problem is the same.
    I was looking on the wiring diagram and in that pieces for Y conection is a diode for + wire, and I suppose that is for bloking the current from the other FC. But when I measure the voltage at the input of Y connection, I have between +and- 0,07 volt, and between + and signal wire 5 volt. The measurement I made with one cable from the receiver plug in and the other one, removed in order to see if the current passed from one FC to the other.

I don't know how to solve this problem. If you have any suggestion, I will thank you in advance.

Cosmin

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Cosmin:
    This is a question you might want to ask on the Mikrokopter forum: forum.mikrokopter.de
    That said, if anyone of the forum members here knows the answer, I'm sure they'll respond.

Regards
    Andy

3. Cosmin Brezoescu

Cosmin Brezoescu New Member

Thanks Andy, I allready reported. When I get an answer I will let you know.
    Today I made some test, I change the slave Flight controller and now the leds lights as it should, but still I have no R in the telemetry display. I made a fault simulations and when I pull the switch, the red led on the slave FC turn to on and the motors are still runing. So in that case is normal, the redundancy work, but how it is possible that the redundancy work without the displayed R in the telemetry. And also, when the fault I2C simulation beggin, the master flight controller should beep fast but in that case is silent.
    But somehow, in practice when simulate the I2C error, the motors doesn't stop, they work normaly, so the redundancy work..
    I assembly MK configuration for over 5 years, but this kind of trouble is new for me.

Cosmin

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

The only person I know who's on the forum and has experience with the Redundant System is Dave King....but I'm not sure he's still using the MK avionics....

Andy.

5. Derek Cooper

Derek Cooper Active Member

Gee thanks Andy... was it the Canadian beer you didn't like?

Cosmin - how did you update the firmware on the FCs? Did you connect the USB cable with the jumper to provide power to each FC independently? And did you ensure that all 5 setting profiles on each FC were identical? And I'm assuming you used the correct Master / Slave firmware, right? Have to ask.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Nah. Just failing memory...mine.
    So you use the Redundant MK?

Sorry...as I say, I'd forgotten that.
    My bad....whatever you said your name was... :)

Andy