/dist/images/branding/favicon

Synapse FC for sale?

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Paul Christopher Greene, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Paul Christopher Greene

Hello,

Now that Alta is shipping, can Snapse FC be purchased alone, or will FF only offer with Alta purchase? If so, is there a target release date and cost?

Thank you,

2. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

Everything that has been said points to Synapse NOT being a stand alone FC at any point in the future. To fly a Synapse you have to fly an Alta.

3. Paul Christopher Greene

Thanks Michael. If true, this is most disappointing - especially after waiting literally years for the new FC to be released. Alta is a beautiful craft for sure, but it doesn't fit our needs. I guess I can understand that FF wants to leverage their development to sell more full UAV's but this doesn't help the community and I think enough profit could be made just on the FCs to be worth selling.

Could anyone from FF chime in please?

Thank you,

4. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

I'm pretty sure I had seen a post from someone at Freefly at one point. I'll do a quick search for you and see if I can find the thread.

5. Paul Christopher Greene

Thank you Michael...hoping FF will reconsider...

6. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

It seems pretty unlikely, primarily because of the high bar for tech support that Freefly insist on. I don't think they'd be able to properly support all the many configurations and permutations, not to mention complications and problems that would result from issues with 3rd party products. As I've said to others, you can buy a Synapse right now, and it comes packaged inside of a very nice copter. :cool: