/dist/images/branding/favicon

DJI S1000 Will not take off

Discussion in 'Camera Operating' started by Bruce Sargent, May 6, 2015.

1. Bruce Sargent

Bruce Sargent New Member

My DJI S1000 will not take off.

A2 Lights are all good.

Remote has gimble control

GPS is connected

When plugged into computer - calibration and motor test is good.

Thoughts on how to get it flying?

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Probably best to head over to RCGroups or MultiRotorForums. Being that this is the Freefly forum some folks here are flying DJI A2s on their Cinestars, but to my knowledge there are no S1000 fliers here. I don't think it'll fly a MōVI.

3. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Do the motors start? The motors wont start if you are hooked up to the flight controller.

4. Dylan Glockler

Have you followed the DJI A2 flight check list carefully? One thought - make sure the direction of your throttles is correct (pushing up indicates an increase in the corresponding channel as expected). I bought a used s1000 and the controls had to be reversed and motor start wouldn't respond as a result.

5. Dejan Mugosa

Dejan Mugosa Member

I suggest learning the basic. Why do you need gimbal control on the remote. Unless its a 1 man solution. But then again which buttons work with what. Please explain more since this makes no sence.
    You probably bought a used unit. Was the unit flying with this setup. Or did you recive maybe 2 remotes.
    Maybe only with camera remote???

6. Gary McCready

Gary McCready Active Member

Bruce: Need to check your Transmitter stick throws (how far they travel) in the A2 Assistant software and make sure they reach the endpoints, and are centered. Also make sure you calibrate the sticks in the Assistant. The motors will still spin up in Assistant, even if your sticks are off. Make sure you calibrate IMU and compass too.
    Mine did't start the other day, and I had leaned on the subtrim next to the sticks...again...and not much either. Threw off
    the CSC (two stick arming) and wouldn't Arm.

I don't know why someone would automatically assume you didn't know the basics? I've sure got gimbal control on my remote. I've seen videos of the s1000 carrying a Movi M5, so it must be possible...lol Don't know what gimbal you are flying.
    This is a Freefly forum, more for Cinestar and Mikrokopter stuff. You will probably find more answers in the RC Groups:
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1677105&page=804

7. Dylan Glockler

With some modifications the s1000 will carry the MOVI m5 - that's my setup.

Gary McCready likes this.
  8. Dylan Glockler

Here's a quick clip of the DJI s1000 wih A2 and the MOVI m5 mounted using the FreeFly Systems toad-in-the-hole. I have modified the landing gear with longer legs and replaced the center support board with a stronger, after market board that covers the full frame (not just four of the eight arms).

I'm using the DJI AVL58 with a kopterworks HDMI - SD converter and the DJI IOS mini (the telemetry data isn't working yet on this for some reason).

Shot of the rig in flight:

Flyover of industrial area in roughly 10 knot wind with gust from 12-15.

David Schmidt likes this.
  9. David Schmidt

David Schmidt New Member

Dylan, What did you use for an aftermarket centerboard?

David

10. Dylan Glockler

David Schmidt likes this.