/dist/images/branding/favicon

M15 Goes Limp

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Joseph Jang, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Joseph Jang

Joseph Jang New Member

Hi guys.

I have a brand new M15 straight out of the box with the latest firmware. It was properly balanced and it was autotuned properly. It works and reacts just the way I want it except that when I roll it about 40 degrees, the motor gives and it goes limp. The pan and tilt holds and works fine but the roll gives when I roll it about 40 degrees or so. Yes, I'm never going to shoot it like that but this is for testing purposes. I have tried the M5 and the M10 and this hasn't happened before. Any ideas?

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Is it binding on something? A cable without enough slack or a part of the camera contacting part of the frame? If the MōVI senses a lot of resistance, it can sometimes give up instead of potentially causing problems.

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Unless a cable is loose, doesn't sound like it since it sounds like it works up to 40 degrees, the weight in the gimbal is overloading the ability/strength of the motor. This could also be triggered if the battery isn't fully charged and the movement is trying to pull more amperage than is available.