/dist/images/branding/favicon

iPhone app?

Discussion in 'Software Solutions' started by Mitch Bligh, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Mitch Bligh

Mitch Bligh Member

It seems rather obvious but are there any plans for iPhone/iPad support for the bluetooth configurator? It would be pretty handy! Or is there a work around?
    Cheers,
    Mitch

paolo micai and ovvo like this.
  2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Mitch if you are referring to the MōVI app it is under development but is several months out in the future.

3. Mitch Bligh

Mitch Bligh Member

Well, at least it's coming. Right now I guess I'll be trying to comment my laptop.
    Thanks.

4. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Or find a cheap Android. They are under $100 now.

5. Mitch Bligh

Mitch Bligh Member

I've spent enough already! I've received an M10 instead of an MR and is messing with my income stream!

6. Kevin Descheemaeker

Hi Gary

Is there already an Configuration app available for Ipad 3 to control all the parameters of the MoVI M10?

Kind regards
    Kevin

7. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Kevin the iOS app has not been released. Still in development.

Kevin Descheemaeker likes this.
  8. Phil Macdonald

I can't understand how there is still no app for iOS.....any news on this do we know?

9. Kevin Descheemaeker

Hey Phil, 16 days to go and this thread is already 1 year old so my bet is that there never will come an IOS Iphone/Ipad app. But to be honest we work with the MōVI controller and we're not using the Android tablet ever since. Sometimes we use the Macbook to fine tune everything but that is about it. The controller is effective but expensive.

10. Mitch Bligh

Mitch Bligh Member

I find it utterly insulting. We were told it was coming when we ordered our $15,000 piece of kit. A year later and it's now selling for half that and still no iOS app.

HJ Passard likes this.
  11. Phil Macdonald

No I mean like you we have a the controller also and find that to be very effective however not all our jobs are using the dual op mode, we do a fair bit of live stuff as well where its just Op and MoVI so being able to throw my iPad or even better using my phone would be ideal rather than having to either lug around a laptop which is entirely impractical or going back to a base station.

What I don't understand is that from my understanding they had a version, they were just waiting on approval from Apple, but as you mentioned this was well over a year ago.....

I mean don't get me wrong, I still love the kit that we have and I think 'insulting' is a strong term....was just curious really.

12. Kevin Descheemaeker

Hi Phil and Mitch

Yes indeed they invented a fabulous peace of film gear and I think we are all proud owners and happy to work with a MōVI. But I do understand what Mitch is trying to say ... there are a lot unfinished topics on the MōVI and in the mean time a lot of competitors are changing the market.

For example we where one of the first MōVI crews in Belgium, now we have 6 of them running! But since the DJI Ronin came up the market at very low prices we noticed that our small country owns already over 30 Ronin's ... so what do we have to say to our clients ... yes mr producer for a MōVI crew you have to pay triple the price of a Ronin crew ... the client is not seeing any difference so far!

So on one hand they dropped all the prices of the MōVI gear to get new buyers and we the 'early adaptors' are just standing there and watching ... We know that the MōVI is much better than the Ronin but it's time that Freefly Systems gives us all the extra gear, apps and accessories to fight back, otherwise we can't stand up to the Ronin crews any longer.

Freefly was the inventor of the system but DJI is taking a huge leap forward right now and in the last 3 months they did a lot of updates on their system, and yes they have an Iphone/Ipad app!

Today I had a discussion with my partner that we maybe have to buy a Ronin as well to keep our position in the market! The just should communicate a little bit better with the early adaptor because we're on the same side ... we want the MōVI to rock the industry so that everybody forgets all the toys!

13. Marco Carandente

Marco Carandente New Member

Yeah, bump on the iOS app q:
    It still bugs me a bit that I have to bring my mac every time I have to use my MōVI... And no, I don't want to buy & carry around a crappy android just for setting up this.
    Not the end of the world, it just feels strange that iOS has been left out in the cold!

14. ovvo

ovvo New Member

Please make the iOS app!

15. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

16. Patrick Fenner

Patrick Fenner New Member

I just purchased an M5 and I agree I cannot believe that there still is no an iOS app. I have to carry my laptop around just incase I need to make a change. I too considered purchasing a cheap android but if in September of 2013 it was mentioned as only "several months out" I think it would at least be nice for an update of it's progress. Regardless if we'll like the answer.

17. Roy Mills

Roy Mills New Member

i saw this on instagram yesterday :) IMG_1346.PNG

18. Hi Folks...The post above is true. We have entered a beta testing phase. As soon as we have more information on a launch date, we will let everyone know. We do know how anxious folks are for this and appreciate your patience as we hit the home stretch.

Cheers,
    Denise

19. Richard peterson

Richard peterson New Member

wow the day this happens I'm gonna reward freefly with a big order.

20. Rory Hinds

Rory Hinds Member

any news on when the iOS app will be released?