/dist/images/branding/favicon

Jiggly shock-bracket (ninjastar/orange-rubber)

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Anders von Holck, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Anders von Holck

Anders von Holck New Member

I have recently started flying my Cinestar HL 8 with a Movi-M10 and a RED Epic.

Apart from some battery problem my main issue now is that the whole lower part (Gimbal, legs, etc) is jiggling like hell. From my own analysis the problem is the ninjastar bracket that connects the grimbal to the actual hub. It seems like the orange rubber-shock-thingy isn't firm enough and therefore jiggles rapidly from side to side.

Anyone have had the same problem / know what to do?

I thought of removing the shock system all together, that would for sure make my footage more stable but i dont know if it would create other problems?

Anders

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

There are three kind of o-rings colors. Red soft blue meduim and black which are hard. You can buy them from different Rc shops just search freefly orings. This is will help your cause most people run mix of blue and black

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Anders are you using the plate that comes with the MR kit or the actual Ninja Star plate? You should use the supplied plate or the plate suggested by Andy. You can also change the o-rings to black which are the most firm. You mention you have 'orange' rings. Freefly o-rings are usually red, black or blue. Maybe you have a non standard clone setup on the rings/vibration mount? Photos of your setup might help us make suggestions.