/dist/images/branding/favicon

probleme connection radian

Discussion in 'Radian' started by gilles barthelemy, Mar 15, 2015.

1. gilles barthelemy

gilles barthelemy New Member

hello, I radians 3 axes. when I put them in radians tensions not connected servos, 3 green lights are fixed. 3 orange LED will flash fast. when I connect the USB cable on one of radians on pins 5-6, the bootloader software told me no answer.
    what's going on?

thank

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Gilles: Do you have access to the Radian manual? You can find the manual at http://freeflysystems.com/software-manuals/ (scroll all the way to the bottom of the web page).

Page 39 shows this:

Orange LED fast blink = Initializing motor drive
    Orange LED slow blink: = IMU self-test fault
    Green LED quick blink = IMU initializing (keep module perfectly still)
    Orange LED solid = S.Bus / Spektrum / PPM / signal valid
    Green LED slow blink = Motor drive off (or drive initialization failure)
    Both LED solid = Bootloader mode

It sounds like there might be a problem with power to the servos -- but I'm just guessing based on what you wrote.

With your PC software and the USB Adapter, have you previously been able to establish contact with the Radians? I'm just trying to determine whether the problem is with the Radian or with the Microsoft Windows/USB software.

Andy.

3. gilles barthelemy

good evening,
    yes I get to have a connection with the software and radians. I get to what the software button is green on com 4. but when I plug the usb between the PC and a radian, he told me by clicking "connect to target", no answer.
    I would reinitialiser whole system.
    this morning I tried to change the tilt of the servos to see if it came from a servos. the LEDs have changed color, but I still do not manage to communicate directly between the PC and the radian, I still have that answer after a connect to taget "no answer." this makes me about 3 radians. is what it proviendrais com port?

more I tried to communicate with the remote and the PC, I get my data, but when I unplugged the data back to precedentes. it does not record. I do the normal procedure: read, writing data, write.

when it comes to short circuit the radian how does it?

thank you

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Bonsoir, Gilles:
    Pourriez-vous prendre une image en gros plan de la façon dont l'adaptateur USB est connecté à l'Radian, se il vous plaît? Il est très difficile pour moi de comprendre pleinement ce qui pourrait être mal vient du mot! :)

Que je comprends le problème est que vous ne pouvez pas vous connecter à des Radians, mais il ya vraiment seulement les causes probables suite:
    1. Le Radian est pas en mode d'amorçage. Sont à la fois l'Orange et Vert LED allumé sans clignoter?
    2. L'adaptateur USB est pas raccordée correctement ou a échoué.
    3. L'adaptateur USB Windows pour partie du système ne fonctionne pas correctement.

Andy

===

Good evening, Gilles:
    Could you take a close up image of how the USB adapter is connected to the Radian, please? It is very difficult for me to fully understand what might be wrong just from words! :)

I understand that the problem is that you cannot connect to the Radians, but there are really only the following likely causes:
    1. The Radian is not in bootstrap mode. Are both the Orange and Green LEDs on solidly?
    2. The USB adapter is either not connected correctly or has failed.
    3. The Windows to USB Adapter part of the system is not working correctly.

Andy.

5. gilles barthelemy

Here are some photos:
    1st: radian tilt + usb connection
    2nd: connected software. com port 4

disconnected servos.

only problem: I can not connect the USB to a radian to update the firmware.
    when I connect the USB to radians and radians I move, I have the logicel digit level that moves, so there was a connection.

Attached Files:

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Vous ne pouvez pas utiliser le programme Bootloader en même temps que le programme de configuration, Gilles. Ils sont en concurrence pour l'utilisation du port COM.

Comme faire ce que je peux dire de la première image seul le voyant vert est allumé. Est-ce exact?

Si cela est vrai, alors le Radian est pas en mode Bootloader et ce est, bien sûr, pourquoi le chargeur de démarrage ne sera pas capable de se connecter à lui.

Andy.
    ---

You cannot use the Bootloader program at the same time as the Configuration program, Gilles. They compete for the use of the COM port.

As far as I can tell from the first image only the green LED is illuminated. Is that correct?

If this is correct, then the Radian is not in Bootloader mode and that is, of course, why the Bootloader will not be able to connect to it.

Andy.

7. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

could be as easy changing you com port setting in the radian software? i know mine has 2 different ones depending on what usb connection i use

8. gilles barthelemy

hello, I opened the bootloader program com port 3 and 4 are open on the software but when I connect the usb, I still have that answer "no answer."
    green LEDs radians are fixed and no orange light.

when I co me radians software I connect a radian, I run the radian, I really value that moves.
    I do not understand what's going on

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Salut Gilles:
    Pouvez-vous aller dans le "Gestionnaire de périphériques" sans l'adaptateur USB connecté et recherchez la section COM et LPT. Ensuite, branchez l'adaptateur USB. Vous devriez alors voir un nouveau port COM apparaît <br> - ce est le numéro de port COM que vous devriez être utilisez.

Si vous voyez un voyant vert se allume sans LED orange, puis, le Radian ne est pas en mode bootloader et vous ne serez pas capable d'utiliser le programme de chargeur de démarrage.

Andy
    ===
    Hi Gilles:
    Can you go into the "Device Manager" without the USB Adapter connected and look for the COM & LPT section. Then plug the USB Adapter in. You should then see a new COM port appear -- that is the COM Port number that you should be using.

If you see a Green LED illuminated without the Orange LED, then, the Radian is not in Bootloader mode and you will not be able to use the Bootloader program.

Andy.

10. gilles barthelemy

hi andy
    by plugging the usb cable this morning, there was this which appears: USB port (com4).

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Salut Gilles:
    Excellente. Donc COM4 est certainement le port COM correct pour être utiliser.
    Maintenant Essayez ces étapes:
    1. Avec le Radian éteint, connecter les broches de signaux sur les ports 5 et 6 sur le Radian et raccorder l'adaptateur USB au Radian.
    2. Mettez le Radian.
    3. Les deux voyants vert et orange doit être allumé en permanence (ce qui signifie qu'il est en mode Bootloader).
    4. Maintenant, démarrez le logiciel Bootloader sur votre PC et de voir se il se connecte.

Si vous ne obtenez pas les LED verte et orange en permanence, il ya un problème avec la façon dont vous court-circuiter les broches de signal sur le port 5 et 6. Voir ce vidéo:

Andy.

====
    Hi Gilles:
    Excellent. So COM4 is definitely the correct COM port to be using.
    Now try these steps:
    1. With the Radian powered off, connect the signal pins on ports 5 and 6 on the Radian and connect up the USB Adapter to the Radian.
    2. Power on the Radian.
    3. Both Green and Orange LEDs should be on continuously (meaning that it is in Bootloader mode).
    4. Now start the Bootloader software on your PC and see if it connects.

If you do not get the Green and Orange LEDs on continuously, there is a problem with the way that you are shorting together the signal pins on port 5 and 6. Watch this video:

Andy.

12. gilles barthelemy

andy, if my radian is the ignition, I have only the green LED lights? or that it comes from?

13. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Salut Gilles:
    Je suis désolé, je ne comprends pas la phrase "is the ignition." Se il vous plaît écris en français - Je ai vécu en France il ya quelque temps, mais Google Translate peut aider!

Si vous ne avez la LED verte, le Radian est pas en mode Bootstrap et le chargeur de démarrage ne peut pas fonctionner correctement.

Andy.
    ==
    Salut Gilles:
    I'm sorry, I don't understand the phrase "is the ignition." Please write in French -- I lived in France some time ago, but Google Translate can help!

If you only have the Green LED on, then the Radian is not in Bootstrap Mode and the Bootloader cannot work correctly.

Andy.

14. gilles barthelemy

bonjour andy, c'est bon, mes radians ce sont remis en mode led vert et orange fixe. ne n'arrive toujours pas a me connecter sur bootloader.
    mais sur le logiciel de radian, les données que je rentre fonctionnent plus ou moins bien. je suis passé sur 2 radians, j'ai supprimé le radian du pan. donc maintenant je suis sur un radian tilt et un radian roll.
    lorsque je me met en position 3, j'ai la voie qui devrais gerer le tilt qui maintenant gere le roll. sur le logiciel, j'ai les bons chiffres pourtant.
    dois je inverser quelques choses ?

15. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Bonjour Gilles:
    Je ai inclus une traduction de votre message juste pour aider quelqu'un d'autre qui se passe à lire ces messages à l'avenir.

Pourriez-vous clarifier certaines choses se il vous plaît?

Je veux juste me assurer d'un certain nombre de choses que vous avez écrit:

1. Dites-vous que vous pouvez vous connecter à chaque Radian séparément avec le logiciel de configuration Radian?

Et juste pour être clair, lorsque vous vous connectez à, disons, de l'inclinaison Radian, se il vous plaît ne oubliez pas que vous êtes seulement en mesure de configurer le Tilt Radian seul. Vous devez vous connecter à chaque Radian séparément. Vous ne pouvez pas vous connecter à l'inclinaison Radian et essayer de changer les paramètres pour, disons, du rouleau de Radian.

2. Pouvez-vous confirmer que lorsque vous avez le Tilt Radian en mode Bootloader vous ne exécute le logiciel Bootloader sur le PC. Vous ne devez pas exécuter le logiciel de configuration Radian en même temps.

Merci
    Andy

====
    Hi Gilles:
    I included a translation of your message just to help anyone else who happens to read these messages in the future.

Could you clarify some things please?

I just want to make sure of a couple of things you wrote:

1. Are you saying that you can connect to each Radian separately with the Radian Configuration software?

And just to be clear, when you connect to, say, the Tilt Radian, please remember that you are only able to configure the Tilt Radian alone. You need to connect to each Radian separately. You cannot connect to the Tilt Radian and try to change the settings for, say, the Roll Radian.

2. Can you confirm that when you have the Tilt Radian in Bootloader Mode you are only running the Bootloader software on the PC. You must not be running the Radian configuration software at the same time.

Thanks
    Andy