/dist/images/branding/favicon

Operating Technique

Discussion in 'Camera Operating' started by Chris Long, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Chris Long

Chris Long New Member

Hi, I'm a DoP who's new to the Movi. I will be operating on a music video in April which will involve a lot of walking/running. Can you suggest any techniques to make the Movi footage as smooth as possible? When operating handheld, I walk with slightly bent knees to absorb movement. Is it simply the case that I do this with the Movi? I tried running with it today but I could still see slight up and down movements when I played back the footage. Thanks in advance!

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Chris: That's indeed what you need to do. There have been several discussions on the forum which you can find, believe it or not, if you "Search Forums" for: groucho marx

That's who you have to walk like -- the MōVI takes out rotation about an axis but cannot remove motion along an axis -- there is no physical way for it to do that, so that's where your knees staying bent have to remove motion along the vertical axis.

Andy.

Bryan Edmonds likes this.
  3. Chris Long

Chris Long New Member

Hi Andy,

Many thanks for your response. I'll check the forum for more info, but I'm familiar with the 'Groucho walk'. At least it's not a new method to me but one I can take to Movi operating! Cheers, Chris