/dist/images/branding/favicon

Using the Sony a7S with the Movi M5

Discussion in 'Cameras' started by Matt Carlson, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Matt Carlson

Matt Carlson New Member

What is the best way to change the camera ISO/Shutter/Aperature while it is in the Movi? I assume mostly everyone is shooting manual with their Movi's?

2. Derek Vincent Smith

Derek Vincent Smith New Member

create a playmemories mobile account and launch the smart remote embedded app. Works better with Android than ios.

3. Dustin Poteet

Dustin Poteet New Member

Agreed! Just did this while shooting an event with this setup for the NYE Event at Aria Resort in Las Vegas. There was alot of sudden changes in lighting but we were able to deal with it alot easier because of the app. Another amazing feature on the A7s.

Dustin Poteet
    MōVI Operator
    Phone: 805.338.9322
    Email: dpoteet@rocketmail.com

4. Ryan McMaster

Ryan McMaster Active Member

Get a Lockport for the A7s. Just installed one on the M5/a7s and it rocks.

5. Dustin Poteet

Dustin Poteet New Member

This may have helped a tiny bit, not a make or break. Still worth grabbing one though, I'll look into it thanks!

6. Ryan McMaster

Its nice knowing in a rough landing your HDMI port wont break=) I have had one on my Black Magic pocket for a while now and it has saved that camera from having to be replaced.

The Base plate that hooks into the Metabones adapter is well worth the money too if you want to shoot EF lenses. I just got mine today and have started shooting with a much wider range on lenses on the A7s. Its a bit heavier, but the mount is rock solid.

Dustin Poteet likes this.
  7. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but I would be leary of running wireless devices on a copter that can interfer with the flight controls GPS and the 2.4 control signal. I have seen people post that it was an issue in the past. Not sure how accurate the assertions were though.

8. Dustin Poteet

Dustin Poteet New Member

I use the Metabones adapter for the EF lenses as well and totally agree, loved it!

9. Ryan McMaster

Few pics of the Metariser and Lockport. Was able to fly a Rokinon 14, 24, 35, 50 and 85 prime no problem. Since the Lockport plate allows more then one mounting location it makes balance on longer/heavier lenses easier. I need to get some RA full size HDMI cables but it rocks.

UAV Saftey Blog Post (15 of 18)-1.jpg
    UAV Saftey Blog Post (17 of 18)-2.jpg
    UAV Saftey Blog Post (18 of 18)-3.jpg
    UAV Saftey Blog Post (2 of 18)-1.jpg

10. Ryan McMaster

Using a HACK RF to monitor the signals I came up with this:

The camera runs the 2.4 gamunt on a 10mw transceiver (estimate based on signal strength at range and penetration, I lost signal to the camera 20ft away LOS and through a brick wall in my house). The MC32 runs a 100mw (and you can boost it) transceiver in the 2.4 range. As such I was unable to get the app to cause any interference with the graupner due to it wanting to stay on the cleanest channels by default and being much more powerful. In a heavy wifi populated area it may be different, but from my home (with 15 routers in the area) I never saw a signal strength or channel cross that would have cause any alarm.

GPS runs in the 1.2-1.6 range depending on GLONASS NAvstar or Beidu. No chance of interference there unless your using a modified 1.2/1.3 video TX.

1572.42 MHz and 1227.6 MHz (L-Band) *NAVstar US*
    Glonass frequencies on the MK v3 GPS are 1602 and 1246 +- .435 for modulation

Not sure how people are saying 2.4 can interfere with a FC, if that were the case then the Tx/Rx system would cause issue.