/dist/images/branding/favicon

Cinestar 8 + Movi M10, O ring type

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by Adam Varadi, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

The footage looks pretty smooth with the exception that there's a fast pan with the camera looking at the booms and the motion seems to be so fast that it overwhelms the video compression. Also there is some weird twitching right at the end when you have Bauhaus in frame -- what was going on there?

Andy.

2. Adam Varadi

Adam Varadi Member

Hy Andy,

At the end I was trying to see how stable is the camera when looking far. The twitching is the vibration I guess, but this was with the 150mm lens on the RED.

What do you think about the next video, with the 5D? Can it be better?

Thanks!

Adam

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Adam: Apologies....I'm on vacation and there seems to be a problem with playing video via the hotel's WiFi. I've tried to "reason" with the front desk to allow me to reset their Wireless Access Point to clear the problem, but they're presently spreadeagled over it refusing to let me go near it. Sigh.

Andy.

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

There's always the electric breaker box...that usually works. Ask me how I know. #evilgrin

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Yeah. That thought had crossed my mind.... I need a garage mechanic's shirt where, instead of the person's name, I can attach one of several job descriptions like: "Wifi Repairman" and then show up at the front desk with that shirt on and a peaked cap with the same title....or Dr. Who's "psychic paper" that has on it whatever you want the other person to see.

"Hi. I've come to fix the WiFi system...."

Andy.

6. Adam Varadi

Adam Varadi Member

Andy for you have a great vacation, and I appreciate that, you even during your free time, try to help me/us!

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Thanks, Adam. It's a cold and lonely job tasting the wine in Napa Valley to make sure that it is ok for everyone else, but someone has to do it. ;)

Andy.

8. Adam Varadi

Adam Varadi Member

Just a little follow up on my case.

The Movi works like a charm. There was a problem with the props on the copter. After changing the props, motor shafts, and re balancing everything, the 5D is 99% perfect. With bigger cameras, like the Canon 1D or with the RED Dragon the footage is soo smooth that I couldn't ask for more.

Since I found out that the M10 loves bigger cameras, I bought an M5 for the 5D. It's perfect. So finally I can use any cameras I want and never have to use post stab!!! :)

2014-12-05 00.45.04.jpg

Thanks again for the help guys!