/dist/images/branding/favicon

Spare channel output?

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Mitch Bligh, Oct 8, 2013.

1. MIke Magee

MIke Magee Active Member

Gary, Which trigger with this setup? Looks like it should work, but most of them I've seen require a 3 position switch. And all FF left us is the gear.

All I wanna do is click my 5DMKII on a $5,000 gimbal.

Geez.

-m

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Mike I use a StrattoSnapper from www.littlesmartthings.com I think you could hook that up with a 2 position switch or even a momentary switch.

3. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Just wanted to report back that this worked beautifully with my M5, AR6210 and DX8. Thank you, Gary!! :D
    I got an RC Shutter from these guys: http://www.rcshutter.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_64&product_id=75
    I decided to remove the flimsy servo wire on it and replace it with a much longer wire, in part because the servo connector isn't the right kind for the Spektrum receiver.
    I didn't even have to change anything on the DX8.
    IMG_0374.jpg

4. Steve Maller

Me using the trigger with my 5D Mark III on the MōVI.
    Aerial_2014-08-07-4.jpg

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

No prehensile toes?
    Andy.

6. Steve Maller

No cam op, either.

7. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

So I think I understand this and have a 6210 ordered...so in the end, the 6210 is running without its satellite even connected and the movi will only have the one satellite on it going directly into the movi itself?

8. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Tristan that's the setup. You will bind the 6210 with the satellite connected to it and then remove the Sat and plug it into the MoVI.

9. Tristan Twisselman

Steve what are your dx8 settings? Also your movi settings for remote config? Acro or Helicopter? I had my movi setup as a helicopter model and it worked great. Set pan speed with throttle stick, adjust horizon if needed with rudder trim, aux 3 controller tilt speed, and the flap gyro switch controlled the movi modes.

Any help greatly appreciated, i am gonna keep working at it. Thanks!

10. Steve Maller

My DX8 is set up more or less exactly as Freefly sent it to me. One of the unused switches (not in front of me now, but one on the right side) is now the shutter switch. But the rest of it is "stock".

11. Tristan Twisselman

I hate the shutter i got from quadro. I am going to order one like yours that uses the N3 connector. This one works one second then it doesn't and it is not consistent at all. I don't know if i am setting it up wrong or what but as far as i know i had it setup correct but it just does not work as advertised.

edit: I noticed now that to start stop video it appears the remote needs to be ir controller. Either way i don't need to start stop video, just want the trigger for stills so the one like yours will work better for my application i think.

12. Tristan Twisselman

do you know if the model is acro or heli?

13. Tristan Twisselman

OK. I think i got the switch setup and working correctly finally, i just need to mount it somehow now. My new issue is that when i tilt up and down with the elevator my horizon drifts with tilt a little bit. No mixes in the radio and the more i tilt up and down the worse the horizon will drift each way with up/down tilt.

14. Paul Garlick

Paul Garlick New Member

Hi Steve Maller. I have a question on your wiring for the shutter release. Have you used a three way switch to make use of the auto focus or do you not need to? Will the camera always auto adjust settings before taking the picture?
    Also do you know how the shutter cable you bought is wired? I have a remote that I'm butchering to make my own shutter release to ar8000. I'm just not sure how to wire it. I have 3 wires for auto focus then shoot to ground but the cable you have only has two wires connected to the spektrum.
    Can you help?
    Thanks.

15. Steve Maller

I rarely use autofocus. If you focus on the ground to hyperfocal distance, you're usually just fine. Ref http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperfocal_distance
    As for the wiring, I have no idea. That's why I bought a cable. :)

16. Paul Garlick

Paul Garlick New Member

Ok, thanks for the wiki ref.
    I should have bought a cable, I like to dig myself a large whole thinking I can do stuff myself and then have to forum my way out if it. :)

Well here goes a bit of trial and error, if it all fails I will follow your other link and buy a cable.

Thanks for the reply.

17. Steven Flynn

Steven Flynn Member

I don't know if anyone is still watching this thread, but I'm in need of some help and fast. I'm trying to stitch together some kind of remote trigger for a 5D, and all I have in my shop is an AR600-x, and a graupner GR-12. I need it for tomorrow, and I'm wondering can I make it work? Can I get power off the movi to run the graupner GR-12, cuz if I can I can map it to my flight controller and that'd work fine. But right now when I plug the GR-12 in the green light comes on but then goes off. And the movi vibrates. And then the AR600 doesn't have a sat port in it...so I can't use that as per this thread. Does anyone have a hail marry for me?

18. Paul Garlick

Paul Garlick New Member

Hi Steven, can you not use the AR600 powered from the movi and still use the gear channel as described earlier.
    I only have a limited experience with this but i did get mine to work with an AR8000. I had to purchase a trigger release though pre wired to connect to the AR8000

19. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

Hi Steven...I am still watching this thread and have used both Spectrum with satellite receivers and currently use a Graupner GR24 or a movi controller. I have a pretty good handle on all of them. How can I help?

20. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Gary the M5 is a little different than the M10 you are picturing. There is no servo connector sticking out of the plastic box on the M5. I assusme you have to remove the plastic box in the M5 and there is a servo connector in there? Does the servo connector already have a cable plugged into it or is an accessory servo cable that's not used?