/dist/images/branding/favicon

Needing help to Flash Radian

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Garrett Hurley, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Garrett Hurley

I had another post in here where I was describing an issue I was having with my tilt radian (2axis gimbal) where the tilt is just moving on its on either a slow creep or it will all of a sudden just jerk to where the camera will be facing the sky and then I am unable to toggle it down to bring it back to level.

So after speaking to Quadrocopter they suggested flashing the software. They said once I did this I would have to re-program the radian. Well I hooked it up to the boot loader and re-installed 1.03 and it wrote all the files successfully and I am still having the same issues.

Any ideas on what to do?

They had given me a version 1.03 (28-99), but my computer doesn't like the file type which is why I just re-installed 1.03

I'm getting close to desperate.

Thank you
    Garrett

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Can you explain "my computer doesn't like," please?
    Is your computer set to use English as the local language -- there was an issue if it is not...

Andy

3. Garrett Hurley

Andy,
    my computer is saying it doesn't know what to open the file with. It wants me to specify or download something to open it with

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

What is the the actual file name and type, please? If it is .zip, you need to uncompress (aka "unzip") it to get to the file within it.

Andy.

5. Garrett Hurley

It is a .FW file. I ended up paying for a software that is supposed to be able to open a .FW file, but when it wasn't working I called the company and they said the original file needed to have been saved as a .xml file.

I guess the other side of the question is am I flashing the software correctly because I would think that once it was flashed I would have to re set up my radian settings, but they remain saved as they were prior to "flashing"

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

OK. That's the file that the Radian Bootloader program should open. I'm not at a place where I can reference any documentation, so forgive me if I'm a little inexact, but you need to proceed like this:

1. With the Radian powered off, you need to find a way to short together two pins on the Radian: In the image below, its the Yellow and Red wires:

Radian with wiring.png

I find it's easier to that by creating a JR female connector with that you mount on the other end of the wire you see in the image above. Alternatively you can try just shorting together the top-most pins of ports 5 and 6 and show above. See the video at

2. Then power the Radian on, and you should see a solid Yellow and Green Led.

3. At that point the Radian is in bootloader mode.

4. Then connect up your PC with the Radian USB adapter to the Radian and follow the rest of the video.

Andy.