/dist/images/branding/favicon

5D mark II live view and shutter record questions

Discussion in 'Camera Operating' started by Dave King, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I have 2 different questions about the 5D mark II
    First off I notice in live view the brightness of the picture goes up and down automatically. I looked in all the settings and don't see any setting to turn this off. I see one for LCD brightness but that doesn't fix it. It appears to only happen if I am in AV (aperture priority) mode. I also have exposure simulation off. If I switch to manual mode it doesn't do this. Anyway to fix this?

Also I don't see any picture-movie mode switch. Since I have only done pictures with the camera it hasn't been something I really looked at. I know that I can record movies by hitting the set button but shouldn't there be a movie mode selection? The reason why I ask is that I have my camera hooked up to a remove shutter and would like to remotely control the record on and off with the radio as well.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Dave: Not sure how many others are using the 5D Mk II on the forum....you may get a more rapid response from the forum over on dpreview.com.

Andy.

3. Dave King

Thanks for the suggestion Andy! :)

4. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Hey Dave I know you can remotely start stop movie with the mkIII through a shutter button. Thats how i do it. Not sure about the mkII though?!?

5. Dave King

No luck yet. Posted a question on DP review. Anyone else have a Mark II? I believe the Mark III is different becuase it has a seperate stills/video mode switch.

6. Dave King

Jeff at Quadrocopter did a video for anyone interested.