/dist/images/branding/favicon

Gui for iOS devices like iPad & iPhone

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Daniel Doren Huerta, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Daniel Doren Huerta

Dear FreeFly Community,
    Please, could someone give me reliable information regarding the date when the MoVI users will be able to use it with our iPhone or iPad? This matter has been raised several times and the answers from FreeFly have been always vague. Saying that you are working on something, and that we customers need to be patient is not enough. I am an IOS user. All my devises work with that system. Moving to Android just for this equipment means an investment that I need to evaluate. That`s why I need a specific time frame. I don`t want to buy a device from Android that I won`t use later if I have the chance to use an OIS device which I prefer.

2. David Cooper

David Cooper Member

The last I heard is that Apple is holding things up not Freefly. I bought a $100 Android tablet that I pack in the case with the Movi so I don't need my big heavy laptop and also don't have any personal info on the tablet. It's just dedicated to the Movi. Not really a big investment.

3. Daniel Doren Huerta

Dear FreeFly developers,

When will the MoVI users be able to use GUI for iOS device like iPhone or iPad?

This matter has been raised several times and the answers have been always vague.

I am a very satisfied customer with my MoVI M5 and Cinestar 8 & 6 purchase But I am an IOS user. All my devises work with this system with no problems… I don`t want to buy a device from Android that I won`t use later if I have the chance to use an OIS device which I prefer.

After all this time I can not believe that Apple is holding things up for Freefly. DJi Ronin since its launch came aut with iOS GUI…Even almost all copies from Freefly have iOS GUI…this issue is becoming a myth, such as the launch of the Freefly Synapse Flight Control.

I think the most logical thing, if you are not going to do something, is to face clients and say, we are not interested in doing this…or… we will do it and It will be ready on this date.

Please could it be possible that some one from Freefly tells me which of these two options would be the way to solve this matter

Graham Tolhurst likes this.
  4. Pete Maughan

Pete Maughan Member

Well said Daniel.

Pete

5. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I went through this a long time ago, and ended up buying a $100 Android tablet, and never looked back. Freefly are trying to do a lot of things all at once, and some of their efforts have obviously been back-burnered. So for me, it was more important to find an immediate solution than to continue to stress out over something I had no control over. The Android tablet turns out to be useful for a couple other applications I hadn't anticipated, so it was a good investment. It takes up almost no room, and works great.

Did I mention I spent $100 on it? Not sure what your hourly rate is, but I'm guessing it might be a bit more than that. :cool:

Jonathan Ross likes this.
  6. Adolfo Cantu-Villarreal

Hey Steve, Which model tablet did you buy? We are also a 100% iOS environment, so I'm not entirely familiar with android devices, but $100 sounds about right for a solution while the iOS app (hopefully) comes out.

7. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I think it's this one (or very similar):
    http://amzn.com/B00KF47USG

Safari-snap001.jpg

8. Adolfo Cantu-Villarreal

Great, thanks for the tip Steve!