/dist/images/branding/favicon

New with M10

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Victor Dominguez Allesch, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Victor Dominguez Allesch

Hello,

My name is Victor, and we received today our M10 with Movi Controller.

i have some questions:

1. Installed the top handle, so i can operate the gimbal with one hand. Operating it with two hands using the two handles, the gimbal works perfect, but when i use it with the top central handle, the motors start to vibrate, i think that is the pan motor, but i'm not sure.
    2. with the gimbal on the stand, using the Movi Controller stick, if i move the TILT, i get a roll drift, the drift direction is different depending if i'm tilting up or down.
    3. What do i need, if i want to move Focus, Iris and Zoom from the Movi Controller?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Markus Mueller

Hello Victor,

welcome to the community.

There are several threads regarding your questions - but here is a brief answer.

1. Using the top handle demands the most power from the pan motor. If you feel vibrations, you got to lower the stiffness settings on pan motor till vibration stops.

2. I´ve had the same problem and the solution is perfect explained in this thread : http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/problem-with-pan-while-tilting.5066/

3. The FIZ of Freefly is a future product. What is working now is a pairing of follow focus systems with the controller. I use a RRM system and this works great. For further information - check the online-manual of the controller.

Hope that helps a bit - best Markus

3. Victor Dominguez Allesch

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your answer.
    About the point 2, is not the same, you had problems with PAN while tilting, and i have problems with ROLL.
    Your problem has sense, since you use the same stick for pan and tilt, but is not my case.

I will try point 1.

About the poin 3, how do you use it? Do you use a complete focus system? (Handheld TX, RX and motor) Or do you use only the RX and motor from RRM and the controller from Freefly?

Thanks.

4. Markus Mueller

Hi Victor,

I use the RX and the motor of the RRM and pull the focus with the Movi controller.

Best - markus

5. Markus Mueller

Yes - that is right. And you'll need a power source for the FollowFocus base station. I use one of the lipos and a cable jst to lemo to power it. What also makes sense is an ultra thin motor cable what you can get from Slackline Films.

There is a few things to get proper focus. What kind of camera are you planning to use in the Movi ?

6. Victor Dominguez Allesch

Hi Markus,

We are a rental company. Now we are testing with Red Epic.

Point 1 solved. Thanks to you.
    Point 2, solved: The IMU at the bottom of the camera plate, is not perfectly aligned with the rig, so unglued it and rotate a bit, and problem solved.

Thanks.

7. Markus Mueller

Hi Victor,

you are welcome.
    In my experience the Movi M10 can carry the epic without problems. Even with heavy Zeiss LDS Ultraprimes. But you have to think about powering the epic. Attaching a v-lock on the back of the body will not work, cause you don't have the space for that. We used the side handle with battery inside, but that gives you only 10-15 minutes of running time on the epic. As a rental company I would think about the side mount v-lock attachment which is sold by Freefly. From a thin battery ( like IDX 7S ) you might get about 40 minutes of power.
    But there are also a lot of threads about this topic and other collegues that have different solutions.

Have fun and success with the system and ask the community if any questions occur - that saves a lot of self testing time.

Best Markus

8. Victor Dominguez Allesch

Hi Markus,

Yes we bought the side mount for the battery, and tested it with IDX7 and 10, and in both cases worked ok with Ultraprime lens.

Thanks.

Victor