/dist/images/branding/favicon

Universal Camera Start/Stop/Shutter with MōVI Controller now possible!

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by Chris Boots, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Chris Boots

Chris Boots New Member

You asked we answered! QuadroShutter TM from Quadrocopter LLC. The QuadroShutter is a universal shutter solution for the FreeFly MōVI Controller compatible with both the MK Shutter, as well as the Flysoft Switch. The Quadroshutter features both a PWM signal for servo signal shutter switches, as well as an on/off voltage lead for MK style switches making the converter completely universal for nearly all DSLR applications. Compatible with both Momentary and Toggle feature with the MōVI Controller.
    QUADROSHUTTER70.jpg
    Installation is quick and simple: Apply 5V power to the converter through the MōVI's S-BUS port or similar power source, connect the input lead into the MōVI Controller Receiver's Spektrum/Shutter port, then utilize either output lead for your shutter switch of choice!

The QuadroShutter can be yours for FREE with purchase of a MōVI Controller through Quadrocopter.com or separately for only $59.95!

> http://www.quadrocopter.com/QuadroShutter-_p_1363.html <

The QuadroShutter is truly the answer for your shutter needs and the MōVI Controller setup.
    QC-logoemail.jpg
    QUADROSHUTTERinstall.jpg QUADROSHUTTERinstall2.jpg
    Installation Instructions: ​

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Can you post a link for people to buy this please, Chris. Searching for "quadroshutter" or "shutter" on quadrocopter.com does not find anything.

Thanks
    Andy.

3. Chris Boots

Chris Boots New Member

4. Derek Cooper

Derek Cooper Active Member

Chris,

Can you elaborate a bit on how you'd implement this on a copter? Would you connect one end to a Gentles LANC for example?

Derek

5. Chris Boots

Chris Boots New Member

Sure,
    This is simply a converter that plugs into the MoVI controller's receiver. You plug one of the leads into a 5 volt source like the S-BUS port, and the other lead into the shutter port on the receiver. What that then gives you is a usable output (a switched 5 volt for MK style shutter shutters, and a full 0-180 sweep servo signal for servo sensing shutter cables like flysoft switches).
    The LANC stop/start is typically operated on a three position switch, but going from 0 to 180 degrees of servo sweep should start and stop recording, which is why I don't see why it wouldn't work with the converter.
    I will however, pull a LANC cable and test it with the converter today to give you a tested answer.

6. Derek Cooper

Derek Cooper Active Member

Thanks Chris!

Pull a gentWIRE-panaJK to test with if you have one - looking for a GH4 solution w the Movi Controller.

7. Chris Boots

Chris Boots New Member

Hello Derek,
    I don't believe I have that specific shutter in stock, and on closer examination of how it works, I don't think it would be 100% compatible with the converter because it utilizes two PWM inputs for focus, and fire.

But,
    If you look closely at the attached pictures in the first post, you will notice I am using a GH4 with the MK shutter. I do most of my testing with the GH4 and I can say both the Flysoft switch, and MK shutter are working beautifully with the GH4. Give us a call and we can hook you up with a working/tested setup for your GH4 as well.

Thanks,
    Chris

8. julien cailly

julien cailly New Member

and for black magic ?

9. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

10. Chris Boots

Chris Boots New Member

I have actually been thinking of implementing Black Magic Support. Adding that feature is do-able, but requires a bit more work on my end to make happen, and our shop does not at the moment have a BMC to test with. I can however, see this being a feature in the future.

11. julien cailly

julien cailly New Member

ok thank's, because i think a lot of BMC wait this !!

12. Andrew Pulaski

Andrew Pulaski New Member

Chris does this work with the Axis 1? flying a Red Epic. Thanks

13. JASPER GLAVANICS

are you able to post a detailed installation guide for the setup of quadroshutter, gentwire, movi and movi controller please?

14. JASPER GLAVANICS

managed to get it to communicate with movi controller, however it is just continuously starting and stopping record unless i hold down the controller red button ... then it stops.
    suggestions ?

15. Chris Boots

Chris Boots New Member

Hello Jasper,
    Within the Movi Controller, you can change the shutter button behavior from "Momentary" to "Toggle". Simply go into the Movi menu, and change the "Record type" to "toggle". This should do the trick for you,

Thanks,
    Chris

16. Jonathan Ross

Jonathan Ross Member

Yes, any more information on installation would be a great help. Thanks for posting this to get us all started.

17. JASPER GLAVANICS

Hi Chris,
    Thanks for the reply. I will give that a go and see if I can get things to work.

18. Chris Boots

Chris Boots New Member

I'm currently putting together pdf install manual. I'll post it hear as well. Keep the comments/suggestions coming.
    Thanks

19. Chris Boots

Chris Boots New Member

20. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

Chris, does this work to trigger an Epic? If so, can you elaborate on how it works, and what other cables are necessary?