/dist/images/branding/favicon

Another one with 3.08 problems.

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Mike King, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Mike King

Mike King Member

Hello all,
    I just installed 3.08 and my Movi seems to have died, or is sleeping...very deeply. It was working fine. Updated Config software to 1.552. That worked great with the Movi. I received my Movi controller today and swapped out the radio controller, powered it up and it worked. Updated the firmware to 3.08. The install went problem free. I rebooted the Movi but it's just limp. It goes to three solid green lights almost immediately. The status on the radio receiver is solid green. I've rebooted multiple times. The Movi Configurator says everything but gps (i'm in a basement studio) is green and good. The battery is fully charged and reading 16.3 now. I'm out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mike

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Check your stiffness settings. The firmware resets them to zero

3. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

Without really knowing anything about the new controller: I suppose it has something similar to the 3-way switch of the standard radio, that sets the three modes - one being off? Just a guess, but maybe...

4. Mike King

Mike King Member

Thanks so much for the quick replies. My thinking was taking me the same place Wolfgang, as I haven't really been able to get the two communicating yet, so I assumed that was the culprit...
    Brad - I cranked up all the stiffness settings every ridiculous way and nothing seemed to have any effect. I reinstalled the firmware and didn't save any previous config file - just to start over... and more of the same. I re-installed Configurator 1.552 again, started with zero stiffness and started bring the levels up - and now it works! The Movi that is.
    Thanks again for the quick and helpful ideas!
    Mike

5. Alexander Krumov

Alexander Krumov New Member

any results i have the same problem today the install was ok but then the movi stop responding?

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Alexander did you re do the gain settings?

7. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Stiffness settings. Are you able to connect to your MoVI via bluetooth and post your stiffness settings?

8. Mike King

Mike King Member

The stiffness settings fixed my problem. My first install of Configurator 1.552 worked to flash the firmware but none of the stiffness settings I would input had any effect. I re-installed 1.552 again and it works fine now.

9. Alexander Krumov

Alexander Krumov New Member

no i just restore to factury settings but nothing happen

10. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

What are the stiffness settings when you look at the GUI?

11. Georgi Raykov

Georgi Raykov New Member

I have got my movi in december and it is still with original (first ) firmware . Do I have to change with 3.08 . Is there any danger for the movi to die by Agu 1st
    \

12. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Freefly is recommending that you do upgrade Georgi. Please be sure to follow the upgrade instructions exactly as in the documentation and make sure you have a fully charged battery in the MōVI. As the upgrade is being done via Bluetooth, I'd also recommend that you have the computer close to the MōVI and don't do anything that might interfere with the Bluetooth signal during the upgrade.

Andy.

13. Georgi Raykov

Georgi Raykov New Member

So I made it. I followed the upgrade instructions exactly as in the documentation and at the moment wen the bar filled up a message appears that upload has been failed . Afterwards the movi died I cant bring it back. Wen the switch it on the it turns the three lights on for a second and after they are off the movi seems to be dead. So the computer sees the movi but the movi does not respond (in the configurator it is connected but does not respond ) ........
    WHAT IS THE SOLUTION ???????

14. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Can you see what the Stiffness settings are Georgi? The upgrade sets them to zero so you will need to reload the settings from the backup configuration you saved before starting the upgrade.

Andy.

15. Georgi Raykov

Georgi Raykov New Member

Can't see any settings. Only when I try to upgrade firmware - the app say if don't have bootstrap jumper do not continue...

16. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

17. Mike King

Mike King Member

Your situation seems very similar to mine. Try re-installing the Configurator 1.552, then try inputing new stiffness settings. Don't mess around with previous saved versions - start from scratch. The new firmware sets the stiffness to zero - which is basically limp. I don't have any logical reason that this sequence would work, but it did for me - my Movi works fine now.
    Mike

18. Jens_Schwengel

Jens_Schwengel New Member

Hi Georgi, exactly the same situation with me, any solution yet? Regards Jens

19. Georgi Raykov

Georgi Raykov New Member

So I'm back in the game :) As I wrote in my first post my firmware was from december .After a several attempts to update to it 3.08 I always has getting the same message that the update has been failed until the moment wen by accident I load up 3.07 and the upload was successful. Then I upload 3.08 and everything wen fine .
    Good luck Jens,
    Good luck everybody with this problem :)