/dist/images/branding/favicon

Our mini review & lots of photos

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by Mike Duval, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Mike Duval

Mike Duval Member

Bryan Edmonds likes this.
  2. Mike Duval

Mike Duval Member

And a few more movi controller-1.jpg movi controller-2.jpg movi controller-3.jpg movi controller-4.jpg

3. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

4. Drew Kachurak

Drew Kachurak Member

5. Jeff Cook

Jeff Cook Member

I got mine up and running today. I don't come for the R/C world so the Spectrum controller always seemed a bit odd. This unit just feels right in your hands, great interface, power for everything, follow focus, LOVE the joystick, this was what I was waiting for...
    thank you, thank you, thank you.

6. Markus Mueller

I got mine today and it is an impressive tool. It is amazing to have a fine working follow focus in one hand and a joystick that suites people like me, who didn´t know any spektrum or futuba and never really got warm with it. No running around with a tablet or an additional focus puller - thank you guys - brillant...

7. Mike Duval

Mike Duval Member

Loving these things so far! Only slight tweak I'd make is the supplied 12v to barrel connector power cable being a touch longer to you don't have to mount the AC7 inverted. As it is now it wont reach to the lower left hand corner of the unit. I understand It gives you cable clearance for the inputs but it does so at the expense of a logical orientation for the silly click wheel on the AC7 monitor. We looked into the Hi-Rose cables for the monitor power but they are close to $100 so that seemed silly.

8. Derek Cooper

Derek Cooper Active Member

The Controller comes with a 2 pin Lemo to barrel connector to power the SmallHD units? Didn't see that listed. Just searched for one of those cables, and you're not wrong, $100 for the Teradek one. Silly indeed.

9. Lee Runion

Lee Runion New Member

We just the new controller in and love how much more natural it feels than the futaba (being from the photographic world, not the rc world) however, we are having difficulty getting the redrock micro remote follow focus system to sync up and work.

One part of the new movi controller's manual says that the channels for the redrock system should be set to "D" - on the redrock base station as well as on the new controller's receiver. Another part of the manual, however, says that D is one of the channels not currently available to use.
    So, first we tried setting everything to channel D \, got the slow blinking green/orange light that the chart indicated should be appearing, did the binding process, made sure that under the Radio Configuration area of the menu that microremote for focus was selected. Nothing happened. Powered everything off, and then looked at the Radio Config on the menu and it defaulted back to "none" and of course nothing happened.
    We then tried a different channel (A, since that was one of the channels listed as an available one in the other area of the manual) and had the same results of absolutely nothing, with the controller always going back to "none" on that part of the menu.
    Both of us have gone through the guide and steps on our own hoping maybe we skipped a step or got something wrong but just can't figure out what it is.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how do we go about fixing it??

Thank you!

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member